PDA

View Full Version : Sewer line help dbs281

dannx
08-22-2018, 08:49 AM
Looking for a little help on my sewer hose set up. I have a hideout 281dbs, so it has 2 black tanks to dump. Was wondering what set up anyone else has because my idea didn’t work and my hoses seemed to long.

Anyone suggest a good length for the front bathroom to the back.

I currently had a 20 ft hose from the front and a 10 ft hose from the back dump valve that entered into a “Y” fitting then to the ground. This caused the other line to back fill with waste. Eventually I just dumped one at a time and eliminated the y. Is there a perfect size that goes from the front to the back and just dump as needed. Also the hose I have is the therefore titan, and it doesn’t fit in the bumper creating more storage... any ideas would be helpful, thanks you again for all the ideas

5J's
08-22-2018, 03:56 PM
I've got a Hideout 308BHDS and the same problem. I'm working on a solution using the "Y". I plan to suspend some 4" gutter from the bottom of my slide to support the forward hose to the Y. Hose from the aft drain to the Y and from the Y to the sewer will sit atop a typical drain support system. As for the need for additional hose storage, I mounted a 5" PVC fence post under the trailer just forward the tires. This post holds the 4" gutter perfectly and the additional hoses lay in the gutter. Good luck!

travelin texans
08-22-2018, 06:13 PM
Cut your sewer to whatever lengths you need to meet your needs. Well let me back up, the Rhino hoses I don't know if you can do that I don't use them, but most others that's possible.
I have the plastic gutter as a hose support as well, works great. I cut 1 full section into equal lengths, if I recall about 3'6", that now will stack together & slide out individually to whatever length needed & much easier to store than the 10' section.

5J's
08-23-2018, 03:49 AM
Yep, exactly what I did. Cut the gutter and trim one half to slide inside the other.