PDA

View Full Version : Stabilized my 5th

mtofell
08-16-2018, 09:44 PM
2 bottle jacks @ $12/each placed directly in front of the wheels on each side made a very noticeable difference in the movement throughout the trailer. I'm sure there are better methods, most of which will cost more and take much longer to install. For the $$ and effort involved I'm super happy and should have tried this years ago. I love low cost, low effort, high reward solutions and this is definitely one of them.

Javi
08-17-2018, 04:43 AM
Good deal... glad that worked out for ya.. I know people who also use small bottle jack under the entry stairs to make them more stable..

5J's
08-20-2018, 05:01 PM
One thing I don't like about the 308BHDS is the storage. I don't seem to have enough room for what I have now.

mtofell
08-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Good deal... glad that worked out for ya.. I know people who also use small bottle jack under the entry stairs to make them more stable..

This is actually what gave me the idea.... I saw this setup and looked into jacks and couldn't believe how cheap they were.

One thing I don't like about the 308BHDS is the storage. I don't seem to have enough room for what I have now.

Yeah, no kidding!! :) It's the perfect floor plan packed into the length and weight I wanted but there is not much for ourdoor storage. I go to shows and see the 5th wheels with the under bedroom storage that would fit a Smartcar and I drool. I have bins that I carry in the bathroom and they get pulled and slid under the trailer immediately upon arrival. The outdoor kitchen is pretty big as well and I keep a lot of supplies there.