PDA

View Full Version : Sad day

dwall
08-12-2018, 04:26 PM
Like many of you we have a close group of friends that we all get together 4-5 times a year and camp together. Today we got a phone call and one of the members of our group had a massive heart attack and passed away. He has been like a brother to me for years and will be missed. I know none of you know him but if you are a praying person please remember his family. I know he is in heaven setting up the camp site and waiting for us to get there. Love and miss you Papa Ken!

chuckster57
08-12-2018, 04:30 PM
My condolences to his family, they are in our thoughts and prayers.

xrated
08-12-2018, 04:48 PM
My deepest condolences to you and all of your camping group of friends.

sourdough
08-12-2018, 04:57 PM
My condolences to all the family and friends. My prayers will be with you all.

ctbruce
08-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Loss is always hard on those left behind. May all find peace.

JRTJH
08-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Losing someone close to us is always difficult, even more difficult if it happens unexpectedly and there's no time to prepare. Condolences and prayers for all who grieve his loss.

66joej
08-13-2018, 04:44 AM
Thoughts and prayers to his family to you and all of your camping group. Rest in peace.

LuvsPalmTrees
08-13-2018, 05:35 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Papa Ken sounded like he was a great friend and "brother". I hope you all find peace in knowing that he will be looking down on you all while you are camping, etc.

JimQ
08-13-2018, 08:12 AM
Very sorry for the loss of Papa Ken. Thoughts and prayers to you and your camping group.

gkainz
08-13-2018, 08:45 AM
Condolences and prayers for peace and comfort to you, your group and his family.

DocP
08-13-2018, 11:15 AM
Thoughts and prayers.

5J's
08-13-2018, 06:17 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you. These are the times it's important to remember why we do what we do. It's for the comradery, friendships and the memories. May God bless you in this time.

lesleyinky
08-13-2018, 06:56 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you. These are the times it's important to remember why we do what we do. It's for the comradery, friendships and the memories. May God bless you in this time.

Well said! ❤️

Tbos
08-18-2018, 05:32 PM
We will keep your group and Papa Ken’s family in our prayers. Our camping group had a husband and wife both pass away from cancer last year. Getting older is the pits.

dwall
08-19-2018, 04:51 AM
I would like to say thank you to all the condolences that were sent. We had a wonderful memorial service for Papa yesterday. It was standing room only at the relatively large church we were in which says a lot about how many people loved him. His wife and family are doing well or as well as expected. The comments that I have read on this thread have meant a great deal to me. Even though we have never met face to face I feel as if I have an extended family that has my six during a rough time in my life. Our group is planning a camping trip soon that will be dedicaded to Papa Ken. It will be strange without him there but we know that's what he would want. Thank you again for all the thoughts and prayers. God Bless.