PDA

View Full Version : maxxair install impact 361

kawi23
08-09-2018, 05:30 PM
hi im planning on replacing kitchen vent in ceiling that i need a ladder to open with a remote control maxxair i havent taken trim off or ordered fan was wondering if anyone knows if i have 12volt wiring up there from factory its a impact 361 fifth

JRTJH
08-09-2018, 05:56 PM
There is probably 12 VDC available near the vent. It isn't a "dedicated circuit" but you should be able to find a light circuit to tap from to power your fan. I don't know of any Keystone trailers that are "factory wired" for 12VDC fans in the kitchen area. Typically, the bathroom vent is the only one that's powered. All the rest will require rewiring to provide power to the vent.

ctbruce
08-09-2018, 05:57 PM
I do not KNOW, but my opinion is that it does not have power. The vent on my Impact 312 is not powered, but if I wanted to, I could fish some wires from a nearby light.

whcarr
08-10-2018, 02:07 PM
I have a 2017 fuzion 371, there are 3 fans. So cross you fingers and take a peek.

86GT2r
08-12-2018, 01:24 PM
We had both manual vents replaced in ours, there was no 12v near the kitchen vent. The dealer fished a wire down to the converter. They got power from the light above the loft for that vent. We went with the remote controlled vents. They work great. Those manual vents are too high to reach as you stated.

Nordicdboats
08-12-2018, 01:54 PM
I have a 2018 Cougar 25RES 5th wheel. I started to remove the vent only unit and replace it with a 12V fan. You are right there is not a dedicated line stubbed out for the 12V fan installation. The LED lights that run down the center of the unit have a line that is accessible from the vent opening. What is strange is when I tested the voltage it registered 6V on the meter. I also tested the lights for the pop out and they tested 6V. That is not going to work for a 12V fan. Has anyone got an explanation for the 6V line. At this stage I'm thinking this is a good job for Camping World.