PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator Problem Cougar 32DBH Half Ton

Corky
08-09-2018, 04:24 PM
We just finished our second trip in the 2019 Cougar 32 DBH Half Ton. We travelled just under 6,000 miles and had to be in the shop twice for refrigerator issues. We have arrived home and the RV is scheduled to be back in the shop on 8/10 for our 3rd warranty repair on the fridge. First two problems were blown thermal fuses, the current problem has to do with the fridge not keeping food safe temps once taken off A/C at the campsite and running on propane while underway. Today I got an email from Keystone showing concern for my comments on the survey they sent to me (that was encouraging). I have their phone number and after this trip to the shop, if not fixed I will be in contact with them. I will keep this post updated.

JRTJH
08-09-2018, 06:00 PM
Just a quick question: You say that you've been travelling and have put 6,000 miles on the trailer with the refrigerator being repaired twice. Have those repairs been done by your selling dealer or were they done while you were "on the road" by dealers in other areas? It shouldn't make any difference, but if there's no "continuity of repair" the tech may be doing the same "first step" in repairing the refrigerator without moving on to the "next step".... Just thinking out loud and wondering who did your repairs.....

Corky
08-09-2018, 07:06 PM
Thank you...for continuity purposes and for warranty issues both repairs on the road were made at Camping World...the RV was purchased at Camping World in Tampa.

stolly23
08-09-2018, 08:29 PM
My 2019 half ton 32bhs is also having issues on propane. The flame keeps going out, relighting and continuing. You can here a click every 3 or 4 seconds. We just got back from myrtle beach, from 10am-1:00 am everything in the freezer was soft. The ice melted almost all away. In the shop as we speak.

Corky
08-10-2018, 08:58 AM
I left my RV at Camping World today...hopefully it will get fixed...of course they are behind so it will be a couple of weeks or so before they can finish the work...thanks for getting back to me with your similar problem.

stolly23
08-10-2018, 09:35 AM
I left my RV at Camping World today...hopefully it will get fixed...of course they are behind so it will be a couple of weeks or so before they can finish the work...thanks for getting back to me with your similar problem.

Just checked out the floor plan of your Cougar. How many bunks in the bunk house?

Corky
08-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Upper sleep 1, lower can sleep 2, plenty wide...pushout wardrobe and doorway from the rear for access...Is yours the same???

I also ordered slide toppers for the uncovered "port" side.