PDA

View Full Version : Uggg, light fell apart and damaged floor

Fishsizzle
08-06-2018, 03:49 PM
Title says it all. Light above table in our Alpine came apart and the screw was under the slide. Wife slides out the table slide and rips the vinyl. Not sure if this is a warranty issue or not.

JimMach1
08-06-2018, 04:09 PM
It should be if rv is still under warranty I would take it back where you bought it.
If they ever want to sell you or someone you know another they will take care of it for you but you may not be happy with the results from what I’m told they cut out the damage and splice it in. This in my opinion is not a quality repair. And to do it right slides have to come out and island if it has as flooring goes under all of it when built. We also had a screw come out of light above island last trip we took luckily we found the screw and reinstalled all’s well now.

sourdough
08-06-2018, 04:10 PM
I'm sure it's not. Loose screw (not tightened) - maintenance. Fell off and then pulled slide over it.....I'm thinking warranty is probably just wishful thinking.:(

Fishsizzle
08-06-2018, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I sent in an email. I’ve owned the Alpine all of 2 months.

I’ll see what happens.

Fishsizzle
08-06-2018, 04:50 PM
It should be if rv is still under warranty I would take it back where you bought it.
If they ever want to sell you or someone you know another they will take care of it for you but you may not be happy with the results from what I’m told they cut out the damage and splice it in. This in my opinion is not a quality repair. And to do it right slides have to come out and island if it has as flooring goes under all of it when built. We also had a screw come out of light above island last trip we took luckily we found the screw and reinstalled all’s well now.

The floor isn’t glued down. I’d imagine they’d try a splice in. But you are right, slides would come out along with island. Maybe I’ll give them the dishwasher I’ll never use too.

Old Mustanger
08-06-2018, 07:44 PM
I'm thinking about removing the dishwasher in ours and putting some drawers in place of it. Had asked the dealer to remove it because the trailer we looked at and purchased (or so we thought) didn't have one that we recalled, didn't notice it until PDI. I accused them of pulling a switch on me but they denied it and wouldn't remove the dishwasher for me unless I paid standard labor. :banghead:

JimMach1
08-07-2018, 02:58 AM
The floor isn’t glued down. I’d imagine they’d try a splice in. But you are right, slides would come out along with island. Maybe I’ll give them the dishwasher I’ll never use too.

My dishwasher drives the truck too I couldn’t give her up.lol