PDA

View Full Version : Water Capacity

Ddubya
08-06-2018, 08:04 AM
Just curious as to how much fresh water you carry on the road.

Racebug
08-06-2018, 08:08 AM
My little mini water meter says 135 gallons even though my FW capacity is supposed to be 110 gallons. That's how much I carry if I know I wont have a hookup at my site or dry camping. takes forever to fill up if I try at campground and with a rig this long, you are going to be in the way of other people. 25 gallons if I am going to have a hookup.

Javi
08-06-2018, 08:20 AM
I don't dry camp so usually 10-20 gallons so we can flush and wash our hands...

travelin texans
08-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Couple dozen bottles in the fridge, 1 gallon jug next to the toilet & NONE in the tank.
We are fulltimers, DO NOT dry camp, are loaded to max GVW, & our FW is 105 gallons @ 8.6 lbs per gallon & don't need the added weight. Been traveling like this for 10 years & have not had a lack of water issue yet.

sourdough
08-06-2018, 09:42 AM
I don't dry camp so usually 10-20 gallons so we can flush and wash our hands...

^^^This is what we do as well.

Pull Toy
08-06-2018, 01:54 PM
10 +/- in the black tank to "SLOSH & DUMP"...
10 +/- in the grey tank to flush on route...
6 to 8 frozen quart bottles in the Fridge/Freezer to chill... Ice Box style!
6 to 12 bottles of bottled water or Gator Aid to quench, and refresh!

p.s. The frozen bottles make good "home" drinking water for the pups when defrosted and brought down to room temp. With 40 years on the road with dogs, I've never a had a case of scours, or upsets yet! (Knock on WOOD!) What you don't use, refreeze for the trip home, it will save a bundle on LP, and still keep you cold!
"Simply Orange"... lemonade, etc... are great because they're square and FIT where you need them to, and are quite durable/rugged. We also freeze our juices and sports drinks and defrost as needed. Again.... extra ICE BOX effect.

Good Luck,

Number 4
08-06-2018, 02:25 PM
Depends on where I'm going. Most dry campgrounds (in CA anyways) won't let you fill up from the non-threaded water spigots within the CG but some have a fresh water fill station. I haul 60 gallons if no fill station and I plan on taking showers and we're staying for a while, or we fill up on arrival. Two plastic gallon jugs of "house water" keep us in coffee and hot chocolate for the trip. We always have a flat of bottled water too. We're like camels going on a long desert trek!

xranchflunky
08-06-2018, 02:45 PM
Depends on where I'm going. Most dry campgrounds (in CA anyways) won't let you fill up from the non-threaded water spigots within the CG but some have a fresh water fill station. I haul 60 gallons if no fill station and I plan on taking showers and we're staying for a while, or we fill up on arrival. Two plastic gallon jugs of "house water" keep us in coffee and hot chocolate for the trip. We always have a flat of bottled water too. We're like camels going on a long desert trek!

X2 on many California State Parks, USFS sites out West, etc. We have always taken a full fresh water tank. And one of our favorite spots in the White Mountains there is NO water of any kind. Then we haul 2-4 15 gallon blue barrels of Fresh Water in the bed of the truck. And we carry a https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Connects-Standard-Various-Sources/dp/B000EDOSKG

notanlines
08-06-2018, 03:18 PM
Same as TT Danny. Our RV's have never had water in the FW tanks. We have just never had a need.