PDA

View Full Version : Drain Line Identification Help Pls

Riesens
08-05-2018, 03:03 PM
Hi there, just bought a 2018 Bullet 243BHS and love it! Got it to our storage facility and noticed the lines were not labeled. So i'm not sure which is the grey and which is the black. Any suggestions?? I've read the manual, googled, no help. Hopefully someone has the same model and can share. Thanks!

BethH
08-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Usually ( but not always) the black tank valve has a black handle and the grey one has a grey handle.

Riesens
08-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Sadly, they are BOTH black.

BethH
08-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Is it brand new, never been used? If it is just run some water down the toilet, then pull each handle one at a time and see which valve you get water out of.

Pull Toy
08-05-2018, 03:24 PM
If you can see the actual junction, the smaller line, 1 1/2 inch is grey water. (Depending on your layout, there may be two grey tanks that are Siamese'd, or may have separate pulls. (Usually hidden behind front axle.) My suggestion is to dump and super flush both when possible legally. Then visit the dollar store for some cheap food coloring. After dumping and rinsing both tanks, add food coloring to only your kitchen sink, and your bathroom sink or shower, add water, and pull what you think is the "right" handle or handles. Colored water tells the tale! Label tank pulls so they are obvious to others.

Good Luck,

Riesens
08-05-2018, 03:25 PM
Yes, that's what we were thinking we'd have to do. Weird they never labeled it though as on all our other RV's we've had (brand new) they've always been labeled. Thanks!

JRTJH
08-06-2018, 06:25 AM
If you read through the forum you'll find that about half the members who discuss their holding tank valve handles will say that they were marked wrong (gray handle dumped black tank)...

So maybe Keystone finally "just stopped marking them" to solve the problem ??? Heaven knows as long as people are putting the decals on the tank valve locations, somebody is going to be dyslexic.......

WNY Bullet
08-06-2018, 11:23 PM
Hi there, just bought a 2018 Bullet 243BHS and love it! Got it to our storage facility and noticed the lines were not labeled. So i'm not sure which is the grey and which is the black. Any suggestions?? I've read the manual, googled, no help. Hopefully someone has the same model and can share. Thanks!

Have you not used the tanks yet? If not, pour some water into your shower drain and see what handle runs water when pulled. I suggested the shower drain, because my bathroom sink drains into my black tank and yours may also.