PDA

View Full Version : KidsCamping101.com

steamboatscott
08-05-2018, 03:01 PM
After 100 nights of camping with the family, starting when my daughter was only 18 months old, I launched KidsCamping101.com this weekend to share some words of wisdom and stories of our mistakes with others.

Even though the site is fairly new/empty, I'd love to get feedback on the concept.

Future ideas include:

- Pack Lists (what to bring for camping with kids of a certain age and trip of a certain duration)
- More camp gear recommendations (going beyond the basics to cover things specific to a kid's needs)
- "For Kids, By Kids" posts, where my kids and yours can journal about their favorite camping experiences

LuvsPalmTrees
08-06-2018, 10:41 AM
Sounds like a great site. We have camped with our children since they were 3 months old till now 28 & 25. Always had coloring books, Popsicle sticks and glue and paint (water colors), a bucket of large army men, matchbox cars, books (lots of books), bug catcher container, and they got to pick one toy and stuffed animal from home. We camped for 2 weeks at a time so you had to be patient and creative, but it made for some fantastic memories.