PDA

View Full Version : Sprinter Campfire

SteveF
08-04-2018, 06:44 AM
Hello everyone,

Joined the site in July and have been reviewing an learning a lot from the folks on this board.

Upgraded from a 2004 Holiday Rambler Savoy this past May to a 2018 Sprinter Campfire (29FWRL) while in Florida. Am pleased with the unit overall and it is nice to come into the 21st century with some of the amenities but I must say the workmanship is substandard. My wife and I had been researching the purchase a new 5er for a few years. The floor plan is perfect and just what we wanted. I guess we were just so enthusiastic with the rig that we did not take time to "see" the minutiae; but all said, I can handle most of the corrections we want to make.

Anyway, we are well pleased with the Sprinter. We live in central PA. Camped at our local lake (Raystown) in June and are heading to upstate NY (Sampson Campground on Seneca Lake) and then on into Maine in mid September, then back to Florida in the spring.

I look forward to continue learning from the folks here, a great resource!

JimSchwenk
08-04-2018, 07:21 AM
My wife was from the Lock Haven area. We just about wore out the primitive side of Bald Eagle state park. We'd stay there a few days and visit with her family. Did RB Winter, Big Pine, etc, too. Lots of beautiful state parks in PA.
I've got a 26RB Campfire, They are nice TT's. The porcelain toilet and plentiful storage space sold us. The outside kitchen was a bonu, I don't use it except to show off to my friends. Enjoy!

5J's
08-06-2018, 03:00 PM
Congrats on the purchase and welcome from SE Texas.