PDA

View Full Version : Cougar and WD Hitch Issue

jmcope
07-24-2011, 03:05 PM
We just purchased a new 24RLS TT. It has a really neat nose cap that aerodynamically covers the battery and gas bottles. Looks great. When we brought it home from the dealer, we discovered we had to totally remove the nose cap to disconnect the weight distributing hitch. The cap actually interferes with the space that the WDH "chain holders" must rotate through to drop the chains.

Has anyone else run across this problem? Is there a solution?

Thanks,
- Jack & Sue

jq1031
07-24-2011, 03:48 PM
It sounds like the brackets for the chain lifts are to far aft. My Laredo has the new cap, not the same but probably close in size & shape. The installer of that WD set up needs to make an adjustment. Good Luck!

jmcope
07-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Joe & Carolyn,

Thanks for the quick reply. If the chains are vertical when on the hangars doesn't that indicate they are positioned correctly?

jq1031
07-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Joe & Carolyn,

Thanks for the quick reply. If the chains are vertical when on the hangars doesn't that indicate they are positioned correctly?

Yes & No......Mine (chains) are positioned (very) slightly aft as the holders are slightly forward. Having said that, we just completed a 5K mile trip, no problems of any kind. However, our front caps may have a few inch difference which could make that impossible on your TT. Hope that helps.................Joe

bgilsrud
07-25-2011, 07:06 AM
I have a 2011 31sqb same nose cap, you can send me a Private Message and I can tell you my contact number and fix. My name is Brian