PDA

View Full Version : You might check your LPG hoses

hollirg1
08-01-2018, 09:47 AM
Even if you have a relatively new camper, you may want to check the condition of your LPG hoses.

We arrived at our campsite this past weekend and I attempted to brew some coffee on the stove. To my surprise, no flame. I had just filled the tanks, so I knew something was fishy. I went to my tanks and found one empty and when I switched to the other I heard the hissing sound of gas flowing. It turned out to be a large hole in the LPG hose that connects the tank selector to the RV.

What surprises me the most is that my RV is about a year and a half old and I don't use it all that much. Take a look at the attached photos to see how damaged that hose was.

I have installed a new hose and I will wrap it with some sort of protector as soon as I am able so that it is protected on future trips.

sourdough
08-01-2018, 10:13 AM
Looks to me like you've hit "something" that has cut the hose, or something has hit it. Those don't really look like varmint teeth - more like cuts. The hole...?? Is this the length of hose that goes from the regulator and ties to the gas line that feeds the trailer? I agree it apparently needs additional protection but I would definitely be trying to figure out what is cutting it like that.

Bisjoe
08-01-2018, 10:55 AM
You can get wire loom in 1" diameter that would help protect that. I got some to cover up some of the wires in the entertainment center. That definitely looks like something damaged it.

hollirg1
08-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Exactly what I was thinking. Thx.

sourdough
08-01-2018, 12:53 PM
Yep, failed to mention it but wire loom is what I would use. Heck, I've even got a roll of 1" in the attic......but, it's a beautiful turquoise color I used on a special engine project. Probably just want to get a length at the auto supply store, Auto Zone, Amazon etc.

roadglide
08-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Even if you have a relatively new camper, you may want to check the condition of your LPG hoses.

We arrived at our campsite this past weekend and I attempted to brew some coffee on the stove. To my surprise, no flame. I had just filled the tanks, so I knew something was fishy. I went to my tanks and found one empty and when I switched to the other I heard the hissing sound of gas flowing. It turned out to be a large hole in the LPG hose that connects the tank selector to the RV.

What surprises me the most is that my RV is about a year and a half old and I don't use it all that much. Take a look at the attached photos to see how damaged that hose was.

I have installed a new hose and I will wrap it with some sort of protector as soon as I am able so that it is protected on future trips.
Both my hoses where dry rotted last year and leaking . I posted pics of the hoses removed from 2015 every propane hose should be inspected . I believe some body stands and makes hoses for rvs they walk out in the yard an get 100 foot roll of dry rotten hose .