PDA

View Full Version : Colorful Colorado bound

KCSA75
07-31-2018, 05:05 PM
We're heading out this weekend and plan is to be gone for two weeks. I've seen everything there is to see in Kansas and eastern Colorado along I-70 multiple times so we're going to follow Charles Kuralt's lead -- take back roads and see what we can find.

First stop will be Glen Elder State Park near Beloit, Ks. for a couple days. Waconda Lake is the largest in the state and supposed to be great fishing. On top of that, the World's Largest Ball of Twine is just down the road.

We'll probably make one more stop somewhere on the high plains of western Kansas or eastern Colorado before checking in to Cherry Creek State Park near Denver, where our youngest son and 2-year-old grandson live.

After four nights in Denver we're heading north and west for a week near Red Feather Lakes, Co. We spent four days at Red Feather in 2016 and can't wait to go back. Life is pretty slow there and the scenery is incredible.

Trussell
08-22-2018, 02:55 AM
How was your two-week Colorado trip, Willie? Colorado is beautiful in Summer. I bet you've had a blast.

KCSA75
08-22-2018, 04:17 PM
It was wonderful. But the morning we were going to leave, I woke up to discover a black bear decided he wanted to inspect the contents of the bed of my truck.

travelin texans
08-22-2018, 05:55 PM
It appears the vinyl tonneau cover didn't offer much protection or resistance.

Ksupaul
08-22-2018, 06:42 PM
My dad said his aspens are already showing the start of the color change. About 3 weeks early this year.