PDA

View Full Version : Broken panel on shower door

plugf15
07-30-2018, 04:57 PM
Hi All! I have a 298SRL Laredo lite with the 3 panel glass shower door. On the way home from camping looks like the rubber holder for the shower latch came apart and one of the glass panels in the shower shattered. Does anyone know who makes these doors for Keystone and is it possible to replace just one panel or do you have to but the whole 3 panel set up? Thanks in advance for your help!

wiredgeorge
07-30-2018, 05:15 PM
Call Keystone customer service and they will tell you who manufactured the shower in your unit; it was most like Lippert or one of their spin off companies.

ctbruce
07-30-2018, 06:05 PM
You could also check with Trekwood. They carry lots of parts.

Ken / Claudia
07-31-2018, 07:34 AM
Why not contact a local glass shop?

travelin texans
07-31-2018, 09:15 AM
Why not contact a local glass shop?

That would be my 1st stop, most likely be a helluva lot cheaper, probably better quality, even if you had to replace all 3 panels, than a rv specific item. Anything that says rv on it just doubles the price.

gearhead
08-01-2018, 03:58 AM
As I recall it was $330 for my local glass shop to replace 2 of the 3 panels. It took quite a while for the tech to get it done. The following year the shower door wheels came off track and I decided to allow the dealer to repair it. They replaced the entire door assembly.
I think the root cause is the little latch fails or is not latched before travelling. I put spring loaded curtain rods in the bottom tracks to keep the doors from sliding while on the road.

mazboy
08-02-2018, 04:02 AM
I had to go to a glass shop for my issue. you might even be able to just have the panel done and you replace it.

Neverness
08-02-2018, 08:35 AM
My shower has a sticker on it that says Shower Enclosures America, Inc.

But mine's a Hideout, so don't know how much, if any, help that will be.