PDA

View Full Version : New to the site

Yegcaper
07-30-2018, 11:46 AM
Hi Everyone,

Looking forward to reading everyone's experiences and trailer mods. I have a 2017 Bullet Premier 34 BHPR that we bought last spring. This is our third trailer, started out with a tent trailer and quickly moved up to a travel trailer. Kept that for a few years when the kids were smaller but as the kids grew, it became painfully obvious we needed more room. My tow vehicle is a 2016 F-150, but the trailer is primarily parked year round at a camp ground, so no major trips as of yet.

Chris P
07-30-2018, 12:51 PM
Welcome to the forum from New Jersey,

JimQ
07-30-2018, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the forum! You found a great place with great folks!

14george
07-30-2018, 01:57 PM
Welcome to the fourm from Wv

5J's
07-31-2018, 03:43 AM
Welcome to the forum from SE Texas and welcome to the Keystone family.

Northofu1
07-31-2018, 05:12 AM
:wlcm: from Toronto
Love my bullet.
Looking 5r next and 2500, that's a couple years down the road.
Enjoy your stay

jbeliera
07-31-2018, 07:38 PM
I have a 2008 Laredo 29RL that we bought last year. This is our first 5'er, we started out with a class a motor home 13 years ago and after selling that monster we bought a small pull trailer. We have settled in a 5'er. We realized that we needed a little more room, so we jumped into our Laredo and are quite satisfied with this rig. My tow vehicle is a 2015 GMC 2500 HD.

I was a little reluctant to join a forum because of the trolls that seem to permeate the internet these days. I know many people are honestly seeking some out side help from those of us that this isn't our first rodeo in RVs'. I find that some people just don't like to be out done and that they always seem to have an answer for every thing and that their way is the only way. They just tell you up front that you are wrong. As the old saying goes there is more than one way to skin a cat and there may be several solutions to a problem sometimes. If people stick their neck out to ask advice please don't chop off the head of those who may offer advice. And just because that is not the way you do it, don't tell people that their way is wrong or is not worthy of an answer to the person who is doing the asking. Just offer your advice and don't troll someone elses advice and discourage people from offering help. Just give your advice and shut up if someone else says something different and just let sleeping dogs lie and stop there.

NorskeBob
08-02-2018, 03:12 AM
Welcome to the forum from upstate NY.

jbeliera
08-02-2018, 03:38 AM
Thank you for the welcome

wiredgeorge
08-02-2018, 06:12 AM
I have a 2008 Laredo 29RL that we bought last year. This is our first 5'er, we started out with a class a motor home 13 years ago and after selling that monster we bought a small pull trailer. We have settled in a 5'er. We realized that we needed a little more room, so we jumped into our Laredo and are quite satisfied with this rig. My tow vehicle is a 2015 GMC 2500 HD.

I was a little reluctant to join a forum because of the trolls that seem to permeate the internet these days. I know many people are honestly seeking some out side help from those of us that this isn't our first rodeo in RVs'. I find that some people just don't like to be out done and that they always seem to have an answer for every thing and that their way is the only way. They just tell you up front that you are wrong. As the old saying goes there is more than one way to skin a cat and there may be several solutions to a problem sometimes. If people stick their neck out to ask advice please don't chop off the head of those who may offer advice. And just because that is not the way you do it, don't tell people that their way is wrong or is not worthy of an answer to the person who is doing the asking. Just offer your advice and don't troll someone elses advice and discourage people from offering help. Just give your advice and shut up if someone else says something different and just let sleeping dogs lie and stop there.

Excellent post! Keep in mind that the folks with the most tech info tend to sound like they are a tad condescending BUT they are the ones to jump in and offer the best advice based on experience. If you avoid asking about how much your truck can pull or start complaining about minor manufacturing flaws you will find these folks the most useful sources of info on the site; same here as most any forum. Welcome to the site and don't hesitate to help me out as I generally have more questions than answers, not because I don't know trailers but because I am kind of dumb and never learn from my mistakes bhwhahahaah

jbeliera
08-02-2018, 03:50 PM
Thank you, I will remember what you said

Gegrad
08-02-2018, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina!

jbeliera
08-02-2018, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina!

thank you for the comment