PDA

View Full Version : New 5th wheel Owner

MacGyverGTP
07-30-2018, 09:10 AM
Just got back from our second trip out with our new 39' Sprinter 3550. We had a 26' Travel Trailer that had a blowout, (I've had plenty of them) however this one took out the metal trim behind the tire. When I went to look at repair costs, it was enough to make me move up.

It's amazing having this much room when camping. So now it's just been a matter of getting things up and running like a solar system and a battery bank with a real monitor. Went with Victron equipment this time, a MPPT 100|50 with bluetooth and BMV-712 Battery Monitor. Anyhow, it's been amazing so far, although I sure wish the 2 AC's could keep up with our 106* Arizona weather. I've invested in a 3rd portable dual hose AC unit that should have no problem cooling us down on the next trip. I'll report back with findings. Anyone know where I can find blueprints or a service manual that shows the configuration of where our holding tanks are? Anyhow, Hi everyone!

Alpine
07-30-2018, 09:45 AM
Hey- welcome to the forum! Just spent some time looking at your model....lovely set-up for sure! Curious as to the refrigerator(s) if there are actually two? Kinda different... if one has a temporary problem, the other one still works? What caught my attention was the 4 outside fridge vents! Oh and make sure of the new tires that came with this one, so you have no more blow-outs! Again, welcome!

MacGyverGTP
07-30-2018, 10:04 AM
Thanks, I will be spending money on some Sailun S637's very shortly. Having the 2 fridges is more than we'll ever use, but it's nice to have the redundancy, I can also fire one up on propane & one on electricity to see how they compare. It actually has another 3rd small fridge on the outside compartment but it's 110 only. I was thinking I may run it on an inverter and solar, permanently so we don't have to wait hours for a cool-down on every trip. I have so many ideas right now for mods/projects, it's hard to keep them all straight.

5J's
07-31-2018, 03:42 AM
Welcome to the forum from SE Texas.

Northofu1
07-31-2018, 05:15 AM
:wlcm: from Toronto.
Nice! Trailer.
Enjoy your time here. :)

NorskeBob
08-02-2018, 03:16 AM
Welcome to the forum from Upstate NY. Nice RV.

roadglide
08-02-2018, 04:47 AM
Welcome the sailun tires are excellent choice. Big o has lowered there price to 150 each . I got some 30 k miles ago still going strong for more then 150 today's price .