PDA

View Full Version : Jensen faceplate removal

ctbruce
07-30-2018, 07:48 AM
Has anyone removed this faceplate?

Trying to figure out which screws and size used.

Thanks in advance. Your help appreciated.17743

tjkarch60
07-30-2018, 08:07 AM
Try an S2 in the 4 holes near the corners. You need a long bit or driver to fit in the recess.

sourdough
07-30-2018, 09:35 AM
Chip, are you trying to remove the unit from the wall, or remove the front of the unit once it is out of the wall? I've had my unit out and I believe those are phillips in the 4 holes. I believe I used a LED flashlight to peer in and see what they were. The entire unit comes out with all the wiring behind it. I have not disassembled the Jensen head.

ctbruce
07-30-2018, 10:42 AM
Thanks! I had tried a Phillip's but couldnt budge it. I'll take a flashlight out with me tonight and try it again.

I need to run some wires from the TV through the access holes into the cabinet beneath it. Unfortunately, the radio is in the way.

sourdough
07-30-2018, 10:47 AM
I'm going to run out to the trailer barn and look. Nearly everything on the trailer is #2 Roberts but I "believe" the Jensen unit had phillips heads in the holes. I pulled it out when I replaced all the speakers in the living area and they used Phillips as well.

ctbruce
07-30-2018, 11:04 AM
I'm going to run out to the trailer barn and look. Nearly everything on the trailer is #2 Roberts but I "believe" the Jensen unit had phillips heads in the holes. I pulled it out when I replaced all the speakers in the living area and they used Phillips as well.Thanks Danny. That will help me be prepared.

sourdough
07-30-2018, 11:12 AM
Chip, correction.

I peered inside the little holes and they are Roberts square drive screws. Sorry for the misdirection. Got to thinking about it so wanted to check. It comes out very easy and mine has quite a bit of room behind it so hopefully it will work out smoothly.

ctbruce
07-30-2018, 12:19 PM
Chip, correction.

I peered inside the little holes and they are Roberts square drive screws. Sorry for the misdirection. Got to thinking about it so wanted to check. It comes out very easy and mine has quite a bit of room behind it so hopefully it will work out smoothly.Thank you! Got me a new Robert's head screwdriver just in case. I'm set!

xrated
07-30-2018, 03:07 PM
Thank you! Got me a new Robert's head screwdriver just in case. I'm set!

Chip, since I've not had mine out, the best advice I can give you, if it gets too tough.......

Wait for it..............

Wait for it............

Take two aspirin and call me in the morning! :D

Sorry, I just had to, considering your career choice! :lol:

ctbruce
07-30-2018, 06:15 PM
Chip, since I've not had mine out, the best advice I can give you, if it gets too tough.......

Wait for it..............

Wait for it............

Take two aspirin and call me in the morning! :D

Sorry, I just had to, considering your career choice! [emoji38]You are too funny. Thought I'd make it tonight but life got in the way. Tomorrow is the night.

ctbruce
08-02-2018, 01:36 AM
Ok it was a no. 1 Roberts head. Zipped right out, a 5 minute job. Its amazing what the right tools can do! LOL.

Thanks all for your help. I have a shelf to mount for the Wally unit next week and I'll post final pictures.

flybouy
08-02-2018, 06:32 AM
xrated, sounds like that's exactly what the doctor ordered for Chip's problem. :lol: