PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Utah

EagleOne
07-25-2018, 10:51 AM
Hey all. In the process of buying my first TT, it's a 2019 Laredo 250BH. I know it's usually not the best idea to buy new on the first trailer but we aren't trailer newbies. I've been renting from the Air Force base for the last 6 years.

Finally got tired of the hassle of renting and decided now is the time. I went against my own rules and spend more than I initially wanted to but this one had everything we wanted. It actually has a shower I fit in, I'm 6'2" 215lbs so they are hard to come by. My wife loves all the tech, auto leveling stabs, tongue and awning.

I've got two kids, a 1.5 yr old boy and 7 yr old daughter. Been in Utah since 2007 when the military brought me here and love it. However, I've been here now 11 years and haven't even been to Zion or Moab. I aim to change that.

Movin' on
07-25-2018, 11:45 AM
Congratulations on your new rig, and welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service to our country! :usflag:

5J's
07-25-2018, 12:25 PM
Congrats on your new trailer. Welcome to the forum from SE Texas. And yes, thank you for your service.

Chris P
07-25-2018, 12:39 PM
Thank you for your service.Welcome to the forum from New Jersey. There are a lot of great people and info here.

Canonman
07-25-2018, 01:14 PM
Hi Neighbor, thanks for your service and welcome to the forum. Zion is a great place to avoid during the peak season and Moab/Arches is just as bad. Off season is an entirely different story. The scenery at both parks is much more vibrant in the fall and winter and the crowds are about 1/2.
I grew up at Nellis AFB and transplanted here originally in '83. If I can help with info or ideas just shoot me quick PM
Happy Trails

EagleOne
07-26-2018, 04:13 AM
Awesome pics. Yeah we are definitely planning on hitting those parks up in the off season, mainly because of heat but crowds also. I'd definitely appreciate any info on good places to camp, I have no idea where to go. This weekend I'm breaking it in at my buddies property in the Uintas.

Canonman
07-26-2018, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the reply. I've PM'd you with some ideas. At least you'll be staying cool this weekend. I'll be in town taking care o some honey-do items:)
Photo is from a small lake off the Crystal Lake trail.