PDA

View Full Version : Lippert Electronic Leveling

Jawplw
07-22-2018, 10:03 AM
We traded off our 2017 Keystone Cougar 28' for a 2018 Keystone Cougar 29RLDWE wanted bedroom slide and electronic leveling. We love trailer just back from Alaska everything went well great trip. Only problem is the leveling controls are in small storage in front. I have hard time seeing controls to read it. its in a hole 1 foot by 1 foot.
Has anyone moved the controls to different place?
I know you can buy the remote control for them but did not want that route.
Closet in trailer just above controls is the location i would like to move it to.

JawPlw

Pull Toy
07-22-2018, 11:14 AM
Congrat's on your new rig!

A picture would help find a solution. I personally would keep the controls outside, even if relocated. My reasoning is that I want to be outside to supervise any and all activity near the camper while the leveling process plays out.

Good Luck,

Jawplw
07-22-2018, 04:38 PM
This is the photo of storage space that it is in.
Not much room just can get my head in one arm in .would like to move it.
Thanks
Jawplw

Canonman
07-22-2018, 04:54 PM
I see your issue but I have to agree with Pull Toy. I like to be outside when things like this are operating to see in real time what's going on.
Extending the wiring wouldn't be much of a problem. The controller is not the leveling sensor so it doesn't matter where you install it. Just photograph or write down the wiring connections and use good quality butt splices to extend the wiring you need to. There might even be enough slack for the idea I'm thinking of.
I was thinking you could mount the controller on a board that could be brought outside the hatch when needed. Wrap the wiring in a sleeve or loom that would protect it and you shouldn't have any problems. A guy could even attach a couple of hooks to the back of the board and hang it from the bottom edge of the hatch or top of the door.

Jawplw
07-22-2018, 05:33 PM
Thanks everyone for your help and ideas, I will see if I can find a small sing arm that would work to move it out, love the way it works and can just push the buttons but sometimes it error comes up then I have hard time reading it.
thanks you
John

chuckster57
07-22-2018, 06:43 PM
That panel can be mounted to a box designed to be attached to the door. Maybe contact LCI.

Canonman
07-22-2018, 06:50 PM
That panel can be mounted to a box designed to be attached to the door. Maybe contact LCI.

They already stole my idea:lol:

chuckster57
07-22-2018, 07:00 PM
They already stole my idea:lol:
I see them on Grand Designs units.

BCougar
09-13-2020, 08:09 PM
We traded off our 2017 Keystone Cougar 28' for a 2018 Keystone Cougar 29RLDWE wanted bedroom slide and electronic leveling. We love trailer just back from Alaska everything went well great trip. Only problem is the leveling controls are in small storage in front. I have hard time seeing controls to read it. its in a hole 1 foot by 1 foot.
Has anyone moved the controls to different place?
I know you can buy the remote control for them but did not want that route.
Closet in trailer just above controls is the location i would like to move it to.

JawPlw
Hello. Do you still have the 2018 29RLDWE ? If so, location of hot water heater bypass access inside the trailer? Much appreciated if you have the knowledge.

24mileboy
09-14-2020, 07:48 AM
In our 2020 it is under the pantry, remove 4 screws and there it is!

BCougar
09-15-2020, 05:57 AM
Thanks for assistance.
These units are "like snowflakes" as the dealer says. The interior access to the HW tank is through the furnace grill and the HW sits adjacent in the open space beside the furnace. And there is only one valve (on the COLD line) to turn in order to bypass the HW. Bonus!
Thanks everyone for the quick responses.