PDA

View Full Version : Buying 2007-2010 Keystone TT

bills57chevy
07-19-2018, 02:56 PM
I've had Fleetwood products in the past but now after looking at some used Keystone travel trailers (Cougars & Laredos) my wife and I like the layouts. How are they as far as quality?. We are looking at the 2007-2010 year range

Thanks

JRTJH
07-20-2018, 06:35 AM
Any travel trailer that is "approaching 10 years old" has the potential to be an excellent purchase or a disaster in disguise. At that age, it all depends on what maintenance the previous owners performed and what they ignored. You may find an excellent investment, but you're just as likely to find a trailer with water damage, bent axles, leaking tanks/valves, poor/damaged frame or sidewalls and who knows about the appliances.....

So, about the best anyone can offer without seeing the trailer you're thinking about purchasing is to go over it carefully and make sure everything is working and not damaged. If you're unable to inspect it or don't know how to inspect it, possibly you could hire a "mobile RV tech" to inspect it for you. Some offer that service, some don't, so you'll need to look at who is available in your area.

There is a "Pre Delivery Inspection" (PDI) checklist on the forum. If you choose to do your own inspection, that checklist is a valuable tool. You can access it here: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5129