PDA

View Full Version : Jenny Lake and Grand Tetons

sourdough
07-19-2018, 02:35 PM
Many may already know this but I just saw it.

Some of the picturesque areas around Jenny Lake (Hidden Falls/Inspiration Point) are being closed indefinitely. Apparently a fissure has opened up somewhere in the vicinity and they are being closed for safety reasons.

Just thought I would throw that out in case someone was going that way expecting to see those areas and didn't know about it. There is still a LOT to see and do there.

Canonman
07-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Wow! One of my favorite places. Looks like the closure is on the Cascade canyon side of Jenny Lake. Hope this reopens soon.
Thanks for the heads up!

KCSA75
07-20-2018, 04:13 PM
Not to hijack your thread, but Grand Teton National Park posted this Ansel Adams photo taken in 1942 on Facebook today.

Growing up and as an adult, my mother used to tell me about the Tetons all the time. DW and I finally made it there for a day and a half in 2015 after spending a week at Yellowstone NP. As soon as I saw them, I understood what Mom was talking about. Don't know when, but we're going back.

sourdough
07-20-2018, 04:51 PM
There are many beautiful places in our country....just beautiful. There are some that are "majestic"; I place the Grand Tetons in that category. Not talked about like some places but man, when you're sitting in front of them, for me, it's hard to take my eyes off of them.

RK1978
08-10-2018, 05:58 PM
We spent a wonderful week last year at YS and the Tetons, including the boat tour on Jenny Lake. It looks like the closed area is only at the Hidden Falls viewing area, other trails and boat tours are still going. For those of you who have not been there-go! Nothing else like it in the US, maybe the world.
PR