PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Voyage

parkersdad
07-21-2011, 04:05 AM
Heading out to Michigan on our maiden voyage tonight in our new bullet premier. I will update during the week.

hankpage
07-21-2011, 04:16 AM
Have fun, travel safely and enjoy that shiny new Bullet. :thumbsup: Hank

parkersdad
07-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks, I will. Pictures to follow when I get back.:bdance:

Handysam
07-21-2011, 01:03 PM
That's great, have a safe trip and oh, yes, there has to be pics.

DEW
07-21-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm heading to Michigan too... Off to Holland for a week and then Muskegon.
Looking forward to checking out another Great Lake.....

parkersdad
07-22-2011, 05:53 AM
We will be in Luddington state park. We slept at a truck stop last night. They let us plug into a receptacle and run our air. Not to bad.

jq1031
07-22-2011, 07:20 AM
We will be in Luddington state park. We slept at a truck stop last night. They let us plug into a receptacle and run our air. Not to bad.

Thats great, I never knew they did that! What truck stop? Good luck with the new Bullet !

parkersdad
07-23-2011, 01:55 PM
They don't do that but we have a 2 year old that was tired of being in a car and sweating in the tt so the owner was really nice and said park out back and plug into the outside outlet and see if it will run your air. It did, we slept for 4 hours and moved on. We love this thing.

Momamac
07-24-2011, 10:11 AM
PARKERSDAD and DEW, hope you enjoy our State!
I live about a 1/2 hour East of Muskegon, camp just North of Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Lake Mich. is now warm enough to swim in!:bdance:

DEW
08-06-2011, 02:31 PM
PARKERSDAD and DEW, hope you enjoy our State!
I live about a 1/2 hour East of Muskegon, camp just North of Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Lake Mich. is now warm enough to swim in!:bdance:

Have to admit the sand got everywhere, but I do love the beaches. Lake Michigan was very nice to swim in. Some days with waves to 'ride' and others just to float around in. The water temp was perfect.

Only problem I found was getting gas for my truck. Almost everywhere I went wanted a Zip code when trying to use a credit card at the pump. I do not have one and needed to explain to every station attendant. There has got to be a better way to let us Canucks get fuel easier....

gottago
08-15-2011, 10:36 AM
over the past few years i have tried, and been successful 8 out of 10 times using the following to use my credit card at the gas pump:
for example your canadian postal code could be r1p 2k3
the U.S. zip needs five digits. use the three numeric from your postal code and add two zeros behind it. in this example 12300.
i have had a time or two when this didn't work, and then i punched in 00123 and it accepted that. good luck

GMcKenzie
08-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Wish I'd know that a couple months ago. Going to have to try it next time I'm in the US.

Oh, gottago. How about them Bombers :thumbsup: