PDA

View Full Version : 2007 3600RE hot water heater

SloHand
07-14-2018, 11:34 AM
I just purchased a 2007 3600RE fifth wheel. the hot water heater works on electric, but I can't find the switch to turn on the gas side of the heater, anybody have any idea where it might be? I've gone thru the fuses, all ok. confirmed I have gas to the heater, but can't find the ele control switch. HELP, I live on solar system an can't use that much electric.

JRTJH
07-14-2018, 12:47 PM
The OFF/ON switch for the gas side of Suburban and Atwood water heaters is usually inside the trailer. It's either on or near the control panel, sometimes on the same "status indicator panel" as the water pump switch and the tank level lights. Sometimes there are two panel switches (usually on Atwood water heaters) one that controls the gas and one that controls the electric heat. On Suburban water heaters, there's usually one switch inside, that controls the gas function and you'll find the electric OFF/ON switch on the outside, under the water heater door, in the lower left corner of the faceplate, just behind the gas mixing valve. It's hidden well, so get on your knees to see it.

SteveC7010
07-14-2018, 01:14 PM
I just purchased a 2007 3600RE fifth wheel. the hot water heater works on electric, but I can't find the switch to turn on the gas side of the heater, anybody have any idea where it might be? I've gone thru the fuses, all ok. confirmed I have gas to the heater, but can't find the ele control switch. HELP, I live on solar system an can't use that much electric.

In my Cougar, the on/off switch for the gas side of the water heater is one of a row of switches on the main control panel for the whole trailer. It is labelled "DSI WATER"

hankaye
07-14-2018, 05:59 PM
SloHand, Howdy;

My trailer is about the same vintage as yours and my Gas switch for the water
heater is just like the top photo that "JRTJH" posted above.

Hope this is the easy fix for ya. Let us know how it works out for ya.

hankaye

Alpine
07-14-2018, 07:52 PM
Hope you have you cold water heater up and running! :D