PDA

View Full Version : air conditioner issue

pdbauhs
07-12-2018, 01:22 PM
Hello,

New to this forum,
I have a Montana High Country 345RL I has to air conditioners, WE cant get the RV below 80 degrees in when the outside air is 85-90 degree.
The front blow hard the back larger air conditioner doesn't seem to.

They are blowing 25-30 degrees cooler than the outside temp.

Had it at CW 2 times and they insist everything is fine. I have never had an RV that would cool down.

Any thoughts

Pull Toy
07-12-2018, 02:08 PM
As a rule, if you can keep the interior ten degrees cooler than outside, you're doing good. The lower humidity inside is the difference. There are a few tricks....

1. Make sure any, or all of your ductwork is moving air efficiently. Check for proper connections, and no kinks in flex hose.

2. Try to park as much in the shade as possible. If you have an option, morning sun is not as hot as 2:00pm sun.

3. I have found that wetting down the roof helps in a quicker cool down.

4. Keep a few small cheap fans around to create a breeze, and move cooler air into the warmish areas.

Another thing that we have done is to put plexi glass in the lower half of our screen door and use the little latch slider door to pass thing out or in. It's amazing how fast you can dump cold air when the door is open. (The coldest air is at the floor) To keep air dumps to a minimum, it helps.

Also be aware that some bedroom a/c units have an optional air dump to move maximum air directly into the front bedroom, instead of the ducting. Noisy, but effective for fast cool down.

My album has pictures of the two options on my Dometic.

Good Luck, and Welcome to the crew from CT,

ctbruce
07-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Do a search on the forum for "Amazing AC improvement ". A good read with lots of ideas on your issue.