PDA

View Full Version : AC Air Vents 2016 Keystone Raptor

Thbrtmn
07-10-2018, 10:49 AM
So I have a 2016 Keystone Raptor. Most of the AC vents do not blow air when the main vent on the AC unit is opened or closed. In the living/Kitchen area there are 3 vents and in the Master Bedroom there are 2. Only one blows in the Bedroom and Kitchen. This is from 2 different main AC Units. Did I miss opening something or could it be "manufacturing" issue? Thanks. See attached pictures

ctbruce
07-10-2018, 04:43 PM
James, AC issues are big this year. Do a search fr "Amazing AC improvement" on the forum. Lots of great ideas on similar issues.

Thbrtmn
07-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Well, found the first issue with the bedroom. The devider(cut out foam board with aluminum tape on either side..not sure the technical name) that separates the intake from the outflow underneath the cover was cockeyed not allowing all the outflow to be directed to the ducting. Also allowing out to be sucked in. Wasnt properly separating the 2 directions. Now onto the main living AC.

Brentw
07-12-2018, 06:29 AM
Found the same thing on mine ( plenum devider)also found the openings for the ducts were partially blocked by the duct tape

Thbrtmn
07-12-2018, 04:53 PM
Same issue with rear. Dont know if its manufacturing or vibration but from other forums I'm not the only one. All good for now though.

K_N_L
07-12-2018, 06:57 PM
Let’s say it both vibration and build quality to give the benefit of doubt to Keystone . I would check all the vents as well as they don’t always get taped up right either. I re-taped most all of mine and it helped somewhat.