PDA

View Full Version : Electric Fireplace Issue

SLyle
07-07-2018, 07:14 AM
We just purchased a Montana 3790RD model fifth wheel. There is a Titan Flame WF series electric fireplace in the unit. We cannot get any heat to come on. The buttons all work and we see the lighted displays, but no heat blowing. We have checked the fuses, turned the fireplace on and off. Any additional ideas?

ctbruce
07-07-2018, 07:21 AM
WAG: Is there a thermostat on it?

SLyle
07-07-2018, 08:18 AM
No. Has setting for low heat, high heat, and manual setting. All displays work, but the heat does not come on.

Javi
07-07-2018, 09:23 AM
No. Has setting for low heat, high heat, and manual setting. All displays work, but the heat does not come on.

On mike the manual setting is in degrees and is the thermostat however, I've never tried to turn it on in the summer.. (82` F here at 5:30 am):D

Pull Toy
07-07-2018, 12:29 PM
First, I would disconnect the shore power. Then carefully remove the unit from the wall and check for inline fuse, or disconnected wires. Most units have a fan to move the hot air. Is this working? It also might be a bad heater element.

If this is a new camper, make it the dealers problem.

Good Luck,

Frank G
07-07-2018, 02:15 PM
Never tried to use the electric fireplace in the summer, the interior temp needs to be below 70deg.

FF/PM
07-09-2018, 08:27 PM
On mine there is a 110v switch on the wall above the fireplace. It is a 3 position switch, the heat only works on the all the way up position, and the decoration works on the middle position. No idea if this is common or aftermarket, I bought used.

kk6t
10-02-2018, 12:42 PM
On mine there is a "F" button on the unit and a thermometer button on the remote. Pressing either of those multiple times increases the temperature from 71 degrees to 82 degrees. It's not very intuitive.

vancouverbrian
11-22-2018, 09:52 AM
With my new rig (cougar 30rls), came with the Titan Flame manual. 1. Turn power on. 2. press heat button twice to get the high setting (once for low) 3. Temperature (F) button selects the temperature....Set between 62 and 82. I have found this one to be the key one...once I increase the desired temperature, the heat starts. Good luck. BTW, I had a hard time getting heat but once I understand the way it works, no issues now.