PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Kayaker_Bill
07-02-2018, 04:33 PM
Hello my name is Bill obviously by my nick I enjoy kayaking since I got into that I thought of getting an RV. So I trading in my 2003 Chevy S-10 to a 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500. Then it was the camper I got a 2018 Passport Elite 19RB. The thought was to travel around Fla going to the places I went as a kid minus the RV. The first trip was to the Florida Keys with a group I paddle with for a week at Big Pine Key Fishing Lodge. Then was to Lake Louisa for ACA certification for coastal trip leader for and it's been more enjoyable then I thought it would be. So I figured this would be a good place for info since I am an RVing newbie. I have had my RV since Feb 2018. Looking forward to new adventures

sourdough
07-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the forum Bill!! Lots of good folks with lots of knowledge here so as you move forward in your new RV and have questions....fire away! Someone here will probably have the answer. Have fun out there; I know lots of folks in the FL panhandle that love to kayak.

Kayaker_Bill
07-02-2018, 04:56 PM
Thank You sourdough I am counting on that. I am looking forward to soaking up that knowledge and coming up with questions I know I will come up with.
I am in St Pete a trip I am doing with the kayak group is in the Panhandle in October we are home basing around Niceville at Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park and outing we call "week of rivers"

chuckster57
07-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Welcome to the forum!!

Lots of good information and loads of great people here.

Kayaker_Bill
07-02-2018, 05:13 PM
looking forward to it thank you +

Gegrad
07-02-2018, 06:38 PM
Welcome from North Carolina, Bill!

arch113
07-03-2018, 09:17 AM
Welcome from Enid, Ok I use to live on Eglin AFB, attended Niceville Senior High School back in the early '90's Got to visit the area few months ago using my parents camper (before i bought mine), stayed at Camp Gulf near Destin

JimQ
07-03-2018, 10:13 AM
Welcome Bill! You found a great site with awesome people. I'm on it frequently and usually learn a thing or two each time I read the threads. Congrats on the truck and Passport. Safe travels too!

ptooti
07-08-2018, 07:28 AM
Congrats on your new RV! Welcome! you will find help for all your problems here good people sharing knowledge to help each other