PDA

View Full Version : Toilet

Greighard
07-02-2018, 03:06 PM
Took my 2015 375ts raptor out for its first long haul and are toilet started to leak at the base and we got a strong urine spell it seemed to hold water in the bowl ..Any ideas

sourdough
07-02-2018, 03:29 PM
Is it a Thetford? If so, it may be leaking at the ball valve/seal in the toilet. If you have a strong urine smell it is probably a Thetford. Mine was designed with large pockets at each corner that held the water from the bowl as it leaked. It eventually smelled to high heaven before I figured out what was going on.

If it's the Thetford I would replace it with a Dometic. If not, or if it is, look for a leak around the valve/the seal in the bowl. The Thetford has two screws/bolts at the very back of the bowl (hard to see) that can come loose and let the seal leak.

Greighard
07-02-2018, 06:09 PM
No it a Dometic

slow
07-03-2018, 05:21 AM
A known problem with Dometic is a slow leak from bowl to base and not noticed until base fills. Call Dometic and they will send a replacement, at least they did in the past.

LuvsPalmTrees
07-10-2018, 09:21 AM
We had the same problem with our Dometic. I contacted them and they mailed me a new one. They were very easy to deal with.

spettiner
07-19-2018, 06:02 PM
I'm pretty sure we have this problem with our Dometic 300 toilet. We have a brand new Bullet Premier. Initially, the seal around the toilet flap wouldn't seal and hold water in the bowl, so i thought that might be where the odor was coming from. I fixed that, and it almost seams worse now.

travelin texans
07-19-2018, 07:42 PM
Next time you clean the toilet coat the rubber seal with some plumbers grease, can be picked up at any hardware or big box store.

spettiner
07-21-2018, 05:50 AM
I called Dometic about the smell on Friday. The nice customer service rep admitted that there was a problem in 2013 and they thought they had it fixed. Apparently, around March of this year there were reports from customers of the same problem resurfacing. They are sending me a new toilet. So far, Dometic customer service has been top notch.

captbozy
01-06-2019, 01:31 PM
Had the strong urin smell this week at Jekyll Island Ga. I called Dometic after seeing a post on a recall for Dometic 300 toilets.
The company answered my call with a live person. I was transferred in seconds to Diane. She was awesome! Apparently they are still replacing the defective toilets.
There was a manufacturing defect that allows some liquids to seep into the voids inside the toilet housing.