PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Laredo 325RL Grey Tank(s)

Versatile
07-02-2018, 08:43 AM
Does anyone know if this 5th wheel has one black and two grey tanks? If so where is the pull for the second tank or is it all internal? Sensors show grey1 empty but grey2 is showing 2/3 full and I don't want to overflow anything. Am I worrying needlessly?

RoscoeV
07-02-2018, 09:21 AM
It only has one grey tank. Here is a link to the specs:

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2018-keystone-laredo-fifth-wheel-floorplan-325rl-tr34451

KOZKO
07-02-2018, 09:43 AM
My spec says 1 68gal but I actually do have 2 34gal. Yes there are 2 separate grey tank handles.

sourdough
07-02-2018, 09:53 AM

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2018-keystone-laredo-fifth-wheel-floorplan-325rl-tr34451

The link indicates one tank...at 78 gal. The Keystone site just says 78 gal. I have seen many links with specs on trailers that indicate one gray tank when they actually have two. It appears you have the same trailer. Do you have 2 gray tank monitors and do they both show empty/full with the same amounts, some in one and the other stays empty, when dumped both show empty etc.? It shows you have a 2019 so not sure how much you have used it. My thoughts are there are two gray handles; 78 gal. is HUGE gray tank for that size trailer.

RoscoeV
07-02-2018, 10:09 AM
The link indicates one tank...at 78 gal. The Keystone site just says 78 gal. I have seen many links with specs on trailers that indicate one gray tank when they actually have two. It appears you have the same trailer. Do you have 2 gray tank monitors and do they both show empty/full with the same amounts, some in one and the other stays empty, when dumped both show empty etc.? It shows you have a 2019 so not sure how much you have used it. My thoughts are there are two gray handles; 78 gal. is HUGE gray tank for that size trailer.

Yes, I have a 2019 and it only has one pull handle for the gray tank but if I remember correctly it has two indicators on the monitor. During the PDI the tech stated there was only one tank. I'll have to check the monitor next weekend. If I do have two indicators, I'll run water in the shower and kitchen sink and see if both indicators change.

RoscoeV
07-02-2018, 10:23 AM

My spec says 1 68gal but I actually do have 2 34gal. Yes there are 2 separate grey tank handles.

Kozko, are both your grey water handles in your water compartment? BTW, I'm originally from Swissvale. I still have family in Port Vue, Trafford, Turtle Creek and Cannonsburg.

bobbecky
07-02-2018, 10:53 AM
Look along the frame either forward or to the rear of the axles. Many times there will be a second pull for a tank that is too far away from where the other pulls are located. On our rig, there are two pulls in the convenience center, one gray(bath) and one black, and then to the rear of the axles, the galley(gray #2), there is a pull for that tank. Sometimes there is a little sticker on the skirting indicating where the pull is.

sourdough
07-02-2018, 10:57 AM
Yes, I have a 2019 and it only has one pull handle for the gray tank but if I remember correctly it has two indicators on the monitor. During the PDI the tech stated there was only one tank. I'll have to check the monitor next weekend. If I do have two indicators, I'll run water in the shower and kitchen sink and see if both indicators change.

There may be just one large tank, but my sales guy told us the same thing and pointed out the two large handles for the main gray and black; wasn't even aware of the one behind the J panel thru the frame. My other concern with the OPs situation is the 2/3 reading on the 2nd tank. If there was no tank = no sensors = no reading to me. We just had another member going thru the same situation looking for the 2nd handle - not the same trailer but the same indicator/full tank/can't find handle issue. Hopefully your trailer will shed some light if the OP is unable to resolve.

Frank G
07-02-2018, 10:58 AM
The Laredo 325RL has two (2) grey water tanks. The pull handle for the shower, sink is in the water compartment next to the black tank pull handle. The pull handle for the kitchen sink is under the skirt just to the right of the water compartment. There should be a sticker on the side of the unit just above the pull handle.

RoscoeV
07-02-2018, 11:14 AM
Now I'm very curious. I'll have to take a ride to the storage lot this evening and check it out. :)

travelin texans
07-02-2018, 12:05 PM
Don't know whether you have 1 or 2 tanks, but I do know don't give too much credit to your sensors being even close to accurate. Some will say thiers are dead on accurate, but mine & most everyone I've talked to are so inaccurate that they're totally useless regardless of how much you rinse or which magical elixors you add to them.

Versatile
07-02-2018, 01:05 PM

Thank you very much for the confirmation.

Versatile
07-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Thank you very much for the confirmatiln of what we were thinking.

sourdough
07-02-2018, 01:50 PM

You need to look at your trailer where FrankG said it was. IMO chances are 90+% that there is a handle there. The link is to RVusa which has posted many erroneous facts pertaining to holding tanks in my experience. In fact, their site also says FrankG's trailer, the same as yours except 2017, has exactly the same specs and one holding tank - he has the trailer and says there are two. Keystone does not list how many holding tanks there are on any of the trailers on their website that I've seen. On mine, and all others I remember, the total gallons listed for gray water should be divided by 2 to give you the size of one of the holding tanks.

I think you will be doing yourself a favor to find that handle before you actually need it in the dark and have to crawl around looking for it.

RoscoeV
07-02-2018, 05:24 PM
I confirmed that there is a second grey tank pull handle to the right of the water compartment along the frame to the left of the sewer connection.

Thanks Frank

sourdough
07-02-2018, 06:02 PM

Now, we have confirmed what I said about rvusa. I'm glad you found it and didn't go down the road thinking the link was correct. We, as owners, HAVE to dig into what we have and determine what's what.....links to questionable stuff have to be questioned.

KOZKO
07-02-2018, 06:29 PM
Kozko, are both your grey water handles in your water compartment? BTW, I'm originally from Swissvale. I still have family in Port Vue, Trafford, Turtle Creek and Cannonsburg.

No I have 1 gray handle in front of the wheels under the skirt in the side of the frame and 1 in back of the wheels next to the black handle also under the skirt in the frame. I also have 2 sewer connections adjacent to a the handles. Oddly the front gray and black (rear handle) come to the sewer in front of the tires and the gray handle In back next to the black handle is only for that one back sewer connection.

Greetings from McKeesport:cool:

Versatile
07-02-2018, 08:40 PM
Thank you everyone for your suggestions!! Problem is now solved - yes there are two gray tanks and it shows two tanks on the monitor. The second pull is under the trailer directly below the gray tank label. Pulled that handle and the monitor now shows empty. After reading all the replies, I suspect the gray pull by the black pull is the shower/bathroom sink and the pull underneath is the kitchen sink.

I appreciate all the responses and they all helped to put the pieces of my puzzle together.

Ron 325RL
07-08-2018, 08:01 AM
The 325RL has 2 gray tanks. if there are indicator lights it has to have a tank hooked to it. The hidden one is behind the skirt below and to the right of the water compartment door.

dfintel
07-09-2018, 05:44 AM
I have the 17 model...there should a sticker to the right of the water mechanical box on the outside of the camper. The handle is directly below it next to the frame. Also...be careful with the grey vs black... unfortunately there was a prankster at Keystone that switched the labels. We found out the hard way... Pulled the grey handle
and black water come out.

RBCCONT
07-09-2018, 07:46 AM
I have the 2019 325 2 grey t Inks ,When I got it the grey and Black tanks were labeled backwards.

johnlewis
07-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Specs on our 2006 Montana say 78 gal grey water "volume". This is split between a grey tank under the shower & bathroom sink, and a grey tank for galley grey water. The handle for the galley tank is between the wheels on the left side of the trailer.