PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Kitchen door bracket broken

Rbobbyz
07-01-2018, 02:50 PM
I own a 2014 Keystone Premier 31 BHPS. We love it, however the outdoor kitchen door bracket broke/fell off. Anybody else experienced this or have solutions.

The inner bracket is bolted to the door which is now strong enough. I’ve seen newer models where the bracket is bolted to the out lining of the door which is made out of aluminum or metal.

Thanks

SLIMSHADIE
07-02-2018, 08:33 AM
My mod and holding up well for more than 5 years. My buddies door and mine did something similar. His camper was much older and the door was solid wood. Come to find out, mine is mostly styrofoam, outlined in wood. We welded the bracket to flat metal for a bigger footprint, then spray painted them. I didnt notice at first but you can see the shadow of the wood framing. I would of dont it a little narrower knowing but its holding up better than factory. Good luck.

cavediver
07-02-2018, 08:54 AM
Nice solution, the larger footprint should spread the load nicely.

Jack

mikec557
07-02-2018, 03:54 PM
The inner bracket is bolted to the door which is now strong enough. I’ve seen newer models where the bracket is bolted to the out lining of the door which is made out of aluminum or metal.

Thanks

Did you mean that it is NOT strong enough? Judging from the picture, I think that's what you meant. I've not had to do this, so my idea is simply from other life experience... but you can buy those gas struts in a million different lengths. I'd suggest moving that bracket to the edge of the door where you can attach to a stronger part of the door. Given the old holes and weakened area, you might need to buy a gas strut that is a slightly different length. I'd look at where you can firmly attach that anchor bracket and measure back to the other one and then find a strut that lenght, or find the closest length strut and then attach that bracket to the right place for that length strut.

Sinapar99
06-09-2020, 09:21 AM
mine did the exact thing this last weekend. The door panel is all bowed out on the exterior from the bent brackets. I was thinking of doing the same thing as SLIMSHADIE, but move the brackets closer to the edge of the wood. Any thoughts??

Micromack
04-17-2022, 05:18 PM
Here's my spin on it. I dont ha e access to a welder so used some aluminum angle plate to firm the bracket on the plate. Strong as hell.

Sinapar99
04-18-2022, 05:06 PM
Looks great!! Yup, that is pretty much the same as what I have done. But black paint!. Strong and it is shaping the panel back to flat. Perfect