PDA

View Full Version : Miles a day?

guitarboy52
06-28-2018, 05:47 PM
I was wondering how many miles/hours can reasonably be covered in a day. in a car my wife and and I have gone 800 mi. or more. but with RV, what is more realistic goal. Thanks foe any input.

SummitPond
06-28-2018, 06:00 PM
When we are headed to a destination (but not reached it as yet) going from point A to point B, we typically make 300 miles in a day; we take it easy and enjoy the ride. Sometimes we make an unplanned stop as something looks interesting. If we are traveling between destinations we might do 50 to 100 miles; it all depends. We've occasionally pushed it to just over 400 miles in one day, but that's not our usual mode of travel. We typically don't make reservations until the night before or the morning of our travels, which sometimes forces us to go a little further (thus the 300-400 mile day).

Frank G
06-28-2018, 06:08 PM
With good driving conditions and light traffic, 500 tops. 350 is more manageable, relaxed setup, good supper, relaxing walk before retiring.

MarkS
06-28-2018, 06:08 PM
In my case, I try for about 400, but for us a travel day includes breaking and making camp. My DW does not help with the driving. And, we are retired, so our schedule is flexible.

Dave W
06-28-2018, 06:42 PM
Whatever it ends up at is what you and your sig other are comfortable driving. There is no hard and fast rule. In the Northeast - a couple hundred may be enough. In the mid and South West - 350-500 may be fine. But just remember, that several thousand pounds behind your tow vehicle just wont let you accelerate or stop as fast nor will it always top hills at 70 mph or take curves at those speeds. I have done as much as 600 miles towing a 5er but you have tto believe I was beat. My travels are usually on the road by 8-8:30 and off and having a cold frothy beer by 3:30-4:00PM at the latest and that's usually about 350-375 miles or a tamk of diesel fuel

ctbruce
06-28-2018, 06:54 PM
The time killer when traveling is refueling. You wait in line, fill up, clean the windshield, check the tires, get a soda, get back on the road, and 45 to 60 minutes is gone.

350 to 400 miles is comfortable for us. I've done 600, but not often. It just leaves us both wiped out.

Kylemcmahon1
06-28-2018, 06:56 PM
Few weeks ago my wife and 3 year old did just under 700 miles in a day. We went to the fort at Disney. Live in Little Rock Ar. So we suffered through one long day and then rested good and short trip the next day to start a nice vacation. You can do anything if you really want to. You have to know your body and what you are capable of and also what you want to do in this case means a whole lot more.

TheGriz
06-28-2018, 07:05 PM
Oh my...such an open ended question. As has been mentioned, depends on several factors. My target is 200-300 miles per day. But have gone as much as 450...not fun though. My DW doesn't drive the rig...so it's all on me. And remember, one "hick-up" while fatigued means reduced reaction times, and may result in very negative consequences. Better safe than sorry. Plan then execute...conservatively!

Regards,
Mike

sourdough
06-28-2018, 07:36 PM
Traveling with an RV can be lots of hours or not. I go for the mid range timeline. I plan all my trips. Every night is preset. I base them on the route and what we will see on the way. In that way, I'm not very flexible, but, I cannot stand driving along looking and wondering about a place to stay...and I don't do parking lots. Spent way too many years being "adventurous" and spending hours driving and looking for a place to stay...in the middle of the night...I've grown up.

We plan our route; plan on about 6 hours including fuel stops; run about at least 3-350 miles per day. Try to stop by around 4pm. We are retired so trying to hit it at full tilt like I did all my working life is long gone.

Javi
06-29-2018, 03:52 AM
Traveling in Texas there are a lot of places that you can't get to in 300 miles (6 hours) :D Generally I plan my trip to get where I'm going... If that requires leaving Waco at 3 am to get there before closing or with time to set up before dark then so be it.. I'm only 69 :D

I spend more time planning fuel stops that accommodate a 60 foot long and 13' 8" rig on the back roads of Texas, than worrying about hours behind the wheel...

Northofu1
06-29-2018, 04:26 AM
I fly by the seat of my pants, I have driven to Boston from Toronto (10 Hrs, via car) after a double shift, I have driven to work 45 mins and been exhausted, lol. I base it on how rested I am, driving conditions, and how important it is to get to that destination. Wind and rain really takes effort to drive through, construction, and other peoples driving habits. With the trailer, I try to make my mark but I am content sleeping in a walmart parking lot or anywhere else I can safely park my vehicle.

jsmith948
06-29-2018, 06:50 AM
Sometimes this is age related - sometimes it is experience (or lack there of).
When I drove 'over-the-road' there seemed to be a "culture" whereby it was considered to be almost unmanly to stop and sleep. If you arrived late for a load, the dispatcher would often times ask "what did you do - stop and sleep?"
Some of the drivers I knew would succumb to the pressure and keep driving until the sound of gravel stones hitting the undercarriage woke them up. If they were lucky, they were able to get back onto the pavement from the shoulder without taking a disastrous tour out through the giggle weeds. When you feel tired, stop.
We try to keep it under 400 miles per day. As an example, on our upcoming trip to west central Washington, we will stop for the night in Mountain Gate, CA (373 mi) then Corvalis, OR (344), then Riffe Lake in Washington (203mi). That way we arrive right at check in time have ample time for set up and then time to visit with the DS, DIL and grandsons before supper. There was a time when I would have just cut the trip in half and saved one night in a CG. But, after pushing for time and mileage for so many years, I'm just not in that much of a hurry. And, I try to keep our rolling road block at a stately 57 mph:D

GMcKenzie
06-29-2018, 07:42 AM
I don't think in terms of mileage, but time. I try to keep under 5 hours as I seem to be beat if I go more while pulling. That doesn't include stop time (fuel, pee break etc), but just driving time.

Duramike
06-29-2018, 07:58 AM
I may be the odd man out here. For me it depends on the overall trip and time allotted. Example: we are headed out on a 1000 mile trip one way in August. Two major stops planned with 18 days travel time. I’m planning on 600 miles the first day leaving only 150 miles on day two to our first destination. 4 or 5 nights there then 250 miles to our second destination. We will stay there, relax and enjoy camping before heading home. We will split the trip home into 3 days driving. I will say that I have pulled from Destin, Florida to St. Louis, Missouri in one day but that is definitely all I ever want to try. So... it is a personal preference. Relax, make memories, and enjoy your RV.

Cracker727
06-29-2018, 08:22 AM
I also vote for the “Time at the Wheel” concept. Having just driven from Maryland to Portland, OR, we had 400+ days and some right at 300 mile days. We were on a schedule so our stops were all just over-nighters. I found that when I drove more than 5 hours, I could feel its toll the next day. As has been said stops (rest stops, fuel, etc.) can cut into the pure driving time I am leaning to the lets “Keep it under 5 hours” each day to allow me to also enjoy the trip.

RoscoeV
06-29-2018, 09:28 AM
It all depends on the roads being traveled. I just recently made a trip from Brigham City Utah to the Parker Colorado which was 562 miles. Traveling I-84 and I-80 was really easy but I-25 from Northern Colorado through Ft Collins to E-470 was no picnic with all the a**holes shooting down the on ramps and not knowing what yield and merge mean. When I-25 opened up past two lanes it was more comfortable.

I guess 7 hours behind the wheel is more manageable than miles traveled.

LuvsPalmTrees
06-29-2018, 10:01 AM
Our longest tow is from Shelby Twp to Indianapolis. Little over 300 miles. It takes us about 6-1/2 to 7 hours depending on traffic through the cities and a couple of stops for fuel. DH cannot take much more than that. He does not let me drive.

rdhouston
06-29-2018, 06:54 PM
I generally figure 50 miles per hour average, including all fuel/ food breaks in that time.
We made a 1400 mile trip to Calif this spring from okc. 550, 450, 350 over 3 days. Coming home was 4 days as I was 'vacationed out'.
Up to you, really. It will be different every trip and maybe different leg to leg.
Always assess your physical condition, weather and competence prior to your trip.

gearhead
06-30-2018, 03:59 AM
It depends...
1) How many Cracker Barrels the DW sees and how much tea she drinks at the Cracker Barrel.
2) How bad her feet have swollen.

I have pulled the 5th straight through from Bristol Tennessee to home, about 1,000 miles. It was brutal but I knew I would be home at the other end. I'm thinking it was about 16 hours, including a massive traffic jam at Baton Rouge.
Normally about 300 miles or 6 hours on the road is a good day.
The cabover...I just did 500 miles at 8 hours per Google map, which is really 9 hours including gas and fast food lunch. A lot easier and less stressful.

Bolo4u
06-30-2018, 07:31 AM
Terrain, weather, time of day, traffic/construction/detours, those can all play a role in how far I feel comfortable traveling. Also, since I'm the only one who can drive, it limits how far I want to go. We always try to have our daily stop-over picked out along the route, which gives us the ability to decide our options. Usually we try to limit it to 350-400 miles daily.

Plus an active 8 year old riding driving from the rear seat can make even the shortest trip seem like a million miles...:whistling:

guitarboy52
06-30-2018, 07:24 PM
Thanks for all the response. I guess I was just looking for some idea as to how much time/miles I might expect to be able to handle in a day. I realize that when dragging several thousand pounds behind you, alertness is an absolute must. I have always been kind of goal oriented, get from point A to point B as quickly and efficiently as possible. I always equated an extra night on the road as an extra $100.00 or more, figuring hotel/motel and meals. My wife and I are both retired, we don't have to be in a hurry. Thanks again for all the suggestions and comments and I promise, I'll do everything in my power to remain a happy camper.

Miles65
07-01-2018, 04:56 PM
I drove my old Class C from Destin Beach, FL, to Austin, TX., in fifteen hours, almost straight. When I got to the NW side of Houston, acute fatigue hit me like a bullet. I knew I would fall asleep at the wheel in the next five minutes. At that point I didn't care if the cops came a-knocking. I pulled over, on I-10, and jumped onto the couch. After fifteen minutes of solid sleep, I made the next 2.5 hours to Austin, no problem. I have conceded to my advancing years, my long-haul runs. I now keep my driving to six hours, max. At 50 mph, average, I'm OK for 300 miles a leg.

sourdough
07-01-2018, 05:32 PM
Thanks for all the response. I guess I was just looking for some idea as to how much time/miles I might expect to be able to handle in a day. I realize that when dragging several thousand pounds behind you, alertness is an absolute must. I have always been kind of goal oriented, get from point A to point B as quickly and efficiently as possible. I always equated an extra night on the road as an extra $100.00 or more, figuring hotel/motel and meals. My wife and I are both retired, we don't have to be in a hurry. Thanks again for all the suggestions and comments and I promise, I'll do everything in my power to remain a happy camper.

I too was always "goal oriented". The destination was the "prize"/goal. I didn't care about costs because my company paid them all - I could take 3 nights to make a 300 mile trip. I didn't do that because my goal was to get from A to B as quickly as I could - I had stuff to do when I got there.

That mentality permeated my life. Every trip we took while I was working was to get from A to B, even in personal life. Never mind that the kids or mom wanted to stop and look at this or that....the goal was the destination. I lived that way until I retired....and then a few years. I always thought about where I was going, not what's in between. It's a mindset. It took me years to unwind from it. My clock is wound very tight and wasting time really irks me.....now, I've figured out that having fun is not wasting time.

And, spending an extra night or more while reaching the "goal"?? I used to LOVE cooking and eating a huge dinner; hours worth of preparation and cooking. Now, I'll do that once a month. I now LOVE a great breakfast; sometimes mine, sometimes (more often) at a good restaurant that 1) can fry a perfect OE egg, 2) has bacon that tastes right, 3) hash browns, 4) good gravy and biscuits!!!

You're retired. Take the time to smell the roses. Driving until you are beat, or your eyes are closing, with that big RV behind you is not a good choice. Have fun. Hope you have a blast and remember; "hoping to remain a happy
camper" is 100% a mental decision and how you want to view "stuff". It IS a fun ride...just keep things in perspective.

roadglide
07-01-2018, 05:35 PM
350 normally it would be 200 if the the women didn't pull. I plane all my stops moose ,legion mostly. The designated area I get with in 50 miles . I have 50 gallon rdb auxiliary it's a blessing I normally get fuel cheaper down the road . I just came back form the south west 4000 mile trip my diesel average was 295 a gallon . THE BEST trips are I'll get when I'm there .

SkiSmuggs
07-05-2018, 12:58 PM
The time killer when traveling is refueling. You wait in line, fill up, clean the windshield, check the tires, get a soda, get back on the road, and 45 to 60 minutes is gone.

350 to 400 miles is comfortable for us. I've done 600, but not often. It just leaves us both wiped out.

Clean the windshield? What happened to the guy in uniform who runs out and does that for you?

66joej
07-05-2018, 01:14 PM
Clean the windshield? What happened to the guy in uniform who runs out and does that for you?

I believe he went the way of the DODO bird.
Way back in the olden days we used to watch Hockey Night in Canada "brought to you by your friendly Imperial Esso agent".
Well Murray Westgate (the guy in the uniform at commercial time) passed away and they never replaced him.:rolleyes:
6 team league back then if anyone remembers. Foster Hewitt was the play by play guy and Danny Gallivan did Montreal home games.:(

cavediver
07-05-2018, 01:41 PM
When we were still working and had a distination in mind we liked to start in the evenings to make it through major cities at night. Now that we are retired much of that will change. I would still like to avoid the traffic of major cities. I would still like to get 300 miles.

Jack

rick-eureka
07-06-2018, 06:37 AM
One thing that has been touched but not really discussed---are fuel stops. They do take time and energy. On our Ford F-350 we installed a 50 gallon tank for about $1500. Smartest thing we have done as far as miles traveled. In most cases it will last a day's drive. After we have parked our 5er, I can usually go on Bas Buddy and save 30 to 50 cents per gallon on fuel. Eliminates fuel stops and saves money and time!

Sunnysidebeach
07-07-2018, 03:35 AM
We have gone from a tent, pop up tent, 30 Ft Airstream Land Yacht, 30 Class A, and now a Keystone 30 travel trailer.

The little pop up towed behind a heavy half ton pickup was like driving your car, and we cruised at 75 mph, on the interstate and 300-450 miles days were no big deal.
When we got the motorhome, looking for a spot, to stop for the night and worried about getting to campground, before it got dark was a thing of the past. We’d stop at a rest stop, fire up the generator, eat diner, relax and sleep for a few hours then back on the road. Example getting off work at 3pm in central Florida and arriving in Nashville TN at 10 am the next morning.

We’re now about to retire, and at this age, with the added stress of towing more than the truck weights, we like to go about 2-5 hours, and we try to always have a campsite reserved, we are headed too.

rhagfo
07-07-2018, 05:30 AM
I agree with Bolo4u, so our next move is only about 145 miles to a SP just south of Waldport, OR from Buxton, OR all on two lane state highways and through Lincoln City and Newport. That six miles of Lincoln City can take 30 minutes easily in the summer. Maps state just over three hours, my guess it will be closer to four.

B-O-B'03
07-07-2018, 02:16 PM
We have a wedding, in Ouray CO, for our next trip.

Google says 946 miles and I plan on making an over-night, in San Jon NM, on the way out. The city campground allows free over-night camping and it is almost 1/2 way.

The, paltry, 26 gallon tank on the F150 ensures plenty of pit stops along the way and we will probably make a more leisurely way back home.

Can't wait until we are retired and can leave when it is more convenient, but until then that is what I have to do.

-Brian

sourdough
07-07-2018, 04:52 PM
We have a wedding, in Ouray CO, for our next trip.

Google says 946 miles and I plan on making an over-night, in San Jon NM, on the way out. The city campground allows free over-night camping and it is almost 1/2 way.

The, paltry, 26 gallon tank on the F150 ensures plenty of pit stops along the way and we will probably make a more leisurely way back home.

Can't wait until we are retired and can leave when it is more convenient, but until then that is what I have to do.

-Brian

Well, at least you are going to a really beautiful place! A wedding in Ouray....sure beats a wedding in the middle of W TX! If you're up for it and have time you should trek over the mountain to Telluride via Imogene Pass (Tommy Boy mine). You could also try Black Bear pass, but, if all you have is the TV I would surely advise against it - but it is fun and beautiful. Have fun.

the sodfather
07-08-2018, 04:31 AM
Pulling a TT, 300-350 is my go to mileage, more if necessary (and it better be necessary and not poor planning!). I’ve driven a car from Massachusetts to Texas in 2 days because I was young and dumb. Not any more. RV’s are about vacation and personal time. Now, I’ll only go as far as I can and still enjoy the rest of the day...

Miles65
07-08-2018, 06:33 AM
Well, at least you are going to a really beautiful place! A wedding in Ouray....sure beats a wedding in the middle of W TX! If you're up for it and have time you should trek over the mountain to Telluride via Imogene Pass (Tommy Boy mine). You could also try Black Bear pass, but, if all you have is the TV I would surely advise against it - but it is fun and beautiful. Have fun.

Been over Imogene Pass in a raised, 4X4 Jeep. White knuckle experience, for sure. Do NOT even think about going this route if you're towing anything or not riding well above the road. To be fair, I did this route some twenty years ago, so things may be quite different now. Maybe there's a super highway in place.

B-O-B'03
07-14-2018, 12:52 PM

Definitely one of our favorite areas... we did the Black Bear pass, a couple of years ago, in a hired Pinzgaur.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/843/29539065518_0ddffa506c_z.jpg
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1763/43409391841_c0579230b9_z.jpg
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/919/42693073344_75a4d4b27a_z.jpg

The DW sat up front, with her hand on the door latch... not sure what would have been worse, riding the Pinz down the mountain or bailing out.

-Brian

sourdough
07-14-2018, 04:11 PM
It's been several years since I've made Black Bear - always in a Jeep making them very maneuverable. I love that view coming down into Telluride. If you haven't, you should try Imogene. Not as technical but has some pretty nice scenery and road situations....and, you can always leave a note at the mailbox at the top...:D Unlike Black Bear, you can start at either the Ouray or Telluride end.

mfifield01
08-15-2018, 09:44 AM
On the way back from Colorado last week, I did 475 miles in a day. The wind in W Texas made it a long day. We were going into a 20-30 mph wind. My MPG was horrible coming into Lubbock.

Bisjoe
08-15-2018, 10:21 AM
We just did 14 hours straight coming back from a vacation in July, but that was without the trailer, we had rented a VRBO condo. The most we have towed so far in our first year was about 3 hours. I feel like 5-6 would be manageable, but that would be it. It takes a lot more concentration when towing, so it's more tiring. The nice thing is that if there are no rest areas you can pull off to the side of the road for a quick hop into the trailer.

Javi
08-15-2018, 10:42 AM
I'm fixin' to do 497 miles from Waco to Ft. Davis, TX... 'bout 9 - 9 1/2 hours...and then back 6 days later...

Ain't nothing but a thing... :D

JimMach1
08-15-2018, 03:38 PM
We have done 600 pulling our 5er not a fun trip. Won’t do again we like the 300 mile range and I plan it out to make reservations the day we leave and coming home stop at the same campground I’m a creature of habit when we retire that will change. We hope to Rv more we are loving it more this year. Kids can’t move back in if they can’t find you. :lol:

sourdough
08-15-2018, 04:41 PM
I'm fixin' to do 497 miles from Waco to Ft. Davis, TX... 'bout 9 - 9 1/2 hours...and then back 6 days later...

…..Yep, out in W TX with nothing but nothing in front of you for hours on end you just set it and forget it....we call it "snooze control". :)

B-O-B'03
08-15-2018, 08:50 PM

Going to the state park?

We were in the Big Bend area and Davis Mountains State Park for our spring outing this year, one of my favorite areas to go.

Drove straight home from the park, to Plano... 520 miles, according to the googler.

The furthest, so far, was from Collegiate Peaks campground, west of Buena Vista CO, to Plano... 778 miles

We are really counting down for the Ouray trip :bdance:

-Brian

guitarboy52
10-23-2018, 06:45 PM
Thanks, heading to Fla. tomorrow and figuring on about 200 mi a day. Heeding the advice, "stop" and smell the roses. Wife, dog and I, loving' it.

travelin texans
10-24-2018, 05:29 AM
A wise old fulltimer told us that you travel 2x2x2, travel 200 miles, stop by 2pm & stay 2 days, which is not a bad plan.

flybouy
10-24-2018, 05:42 AM
…..Yep, out in W TX with nothing but nothing in front of you for hours on end you just set it and forget it....we call it "snooze control". :)

I 70 thru Kansas (nothing but corn fields with the occasional silos), and I 95 in NC, SC, GA (nothing but pine trees). to me is more stressful that driving twisting, steep, narrow mountain roads but that's me. I'm a type A personality that get's board easily. :facepalm:

goducks
10-24-2018, 04:02 PM
It all depends on what road I'm on. Hwys are slower than freeways. Roads that pass thru towns or long open stretches.

sourdough
10-24-2018, 04:30 PM
I 70 thru Kansas (nothing but corn fields with the occasional silos), and I 95 in NC, SC, GA (nothing but pine trees). to me is more stressful that driving twisting, steep, narrow mountain roads but that's me. I'm a type A personality that get's board easily. :facepalm:

I hear you! I asked my HR director to assess me at one time and she said I was a not really a "type A", but rather a "RED A" - meaning very high intensity!!:lol: She liked me a lot though.

I've driven a lot in my life and various roads aren't really "stressful" to me. Long monotonous stretches bore me. I guess the main thing that stresses me are the things I can't control.....those clueless drivers that seem to appear no matter where you are!!:banghead:

flybouy
10-25-2018, 07:30 AM
I hear you! I asked my HR director to assess me at one time and she said I was a not really a "type A", but rather a "RED A" - meaning very high intensity!![emoji38] She liked me a lot though.

I've driven a lot in my life and various roads aren't really "stressful" to me. Long monotonous stretches bore me. I guess the main thing that stresses me are the things I can't control.....those clueless drivers that seem to appear no matter where you are!!:banghead:Totally agree on the clueless drivers. Seems to me they must be a very fertile bunc
h as their population has exploded. Or maybe my tolerance for them has diminished with age.

B-O-B'03
10-25-2018, 09:53 AM
Totally agree on the clueless drivers. Seems to me they must be a very fertile bunc
h as their population has exploded. Or maybe my tolerance for them has diminished with age.

+1

They definitely seem to be out breeding us.

Last trip home, first in line, in the right hand lane, of a multi-lane left turn... idiot to my left decides he needs to go straight, instead of making the left turn :facepalm:

They always seem to do stupid stuff, in front of the guy pulling a trailer.

-Brian

flybouy
10-27-2018, 05:17 AM
+1

They always seem to do stupid stuff, in front of the guy pulling a trailer.

-Brian

+1 on that! Seems like 10 min. in to towing I end up telling my DW "I'm going to pull over and stop. Can you jump out and remove the sign from the back of the camper that says PLEASE CUT ME OFF, and the one that says "THEN SLAM ON YOUR BRAKES."

chuckster57
10-27-2018, 05:46 AM
+1 on that! Seems like 10 min. in to towing I end up telling my DW "I'm going to pull over and stop. Can you jump out and remove the sign from the back of the camper that says PLEASE CUT ME OFF, and the one that says "THEN SLAM ON YOUR BRAKES."

I’ve got the cure:

153Db of train horns!! I can get 11 seconds of full volume before they start to fade.

flybouy
10-27-2018, 05:58 AM
I’ve got the cure:

153Db of train horns!! I can get 11 seconds of full volume before they start to fade.

Yes sir! Got those as well.:) The train horns and a 3 gal. air tank is an attention getter!:eek: I installed mine with a momentary push button and a spst push button that is wired to factory horns. That way don't have to look for button as can switch to make it work with steering wheel horn. It does get the attention of those about to cut you off!:whistling:

chuckster57
10-27-2018, 06:12 AM
I didn’t want to wire mine to the steering wheel horn in case I forgot to turn them off. After all they aren’t really law enforcement “friendly”. I went with a 5 gal tank Incase I wanted to use it for filling tires and such.

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp289/chuckster57/Train%20Horns/DSC00076.jpg

flybouy
10-27-2018, 06:34 AM
I've got onto the habit of switching horn over when I hitch up, It's on my "pre-flight" checklist which CRS has required.:banghead:
My horns, tank and compressor came as a kit. Mounted tank, which has compressor mounted on top, in truck bed behind wheel well. Can still use bed to load 4' X 8' sheets with no interference. Also mounted air chuck quick disconnect to bed rail and with 3 gal of 150 p.s.i. have no issue with airing tires. The compressore is high volume so if airing a large tire I just let truck idle so compressor will run.
The on board air is handy for the air bags as well. I have solenoids to air up and exhaust the air bags with redundant gauges and switches in the cab and at the rear of the truck bed where I can reach it with the tailgate up. With the rearview cameras it makes hitching and unhitching a breeze. The Husky Brute 4500 tongue jack with remote control helps to.;)
All of this to compensate for the 5 surgeries on the left arm/shoulder and 6 on the cervical spine.:banghead:

guitarboy52
11-01-2018, 06:15 PM
Thanks for all the input. We just finished our first road trip to Florida from Michigan. We took our time, about 200 mi. a day. Granted we were in pretty much accessible territory when it comes to stops and fuel, but, got into a bit of rhythm of the road.Been a while since we've traveled, but it's a building block for longer trips. We are considering going full-time, but, we realize we will probably need to upgrade to 5th wheel or motorhome, and this trip is just a trial run. Looking forward to being on the road and seeing America.

2018 2520RL Passport
2015 2500HD Silverado