PDA

View Full Version : New hitch or goose box air ride

roadglide
06-28-2018, 05:27 PM
I have 9 inches from the truck to the fifth wheel. Wile towing in unlevel area parking the fifth wheel come dangerously close to smashing the truck bed My reeses hitch is old and it articulates side to side a lot it's also hammering with the new improved duramax. I'm looking for experienced with my problem with truck and bed rail collision. This was more trouble visiting the midwest .

roadglide
06-29-2018, 06:12 PM
Any ideas for the problem I'm having with the trailer coming terrible closes to the bed rail. Is it one of those thing just be very careful on unlevel ground . I'm thinking about putting rubber stop on each side under the hitch plate . I have a couple bed bumper stops I took off when I installed the air bags that could be cut down drilled and bolted for a buffer.

chuckster57
06-29-2018, 06:40 PM
I would think if you have 9” from bed rail to bottom of trailer on level ground, you should be okay on about 95% of roads. Is the trailer “level” when on the truck on level ground? If so I would leave it alone and just pay attention to the road ahead.

SC Dreamer
06-30-2018, 05:32 AM
I have been on some very unlevel ground with mine and yes it gets close like 1/2" close but has never touched. That is side to side and front to back very unlevel terrain. I crawl in 1st gear very slowly.