PDA

View Full Version : Help with Shower Door

JRS514
06-26-2018, 08:06 AM
RV is a 2006 Cougar 5er. MAintained well and in very good condition. One issue I am having trouble with is that my shower door has somehow gotten out of alignment. Binds a little at the bottom on the side opposite the hinge, and when closed there is a gap on the bottom portion of the door, as well. Any suggestions for an easy fix?

Terry W.
06-26-2018, 08:59 AM
I have the same problem. I think my glass encloser has pulled away from the wall. Watching answers.

66joej
06-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Mine is also sagging at that end. Checked for any movement at the wall and all feels tight. Looked and just can't seem to figure out how to adjust it.

JRTJH
06-26-2018, 12:02 PM
Typically there is a U shaped end cap that is screwed to the wall and the shower walls slide into that U. Once adjusted, a couple of sheet metal screws are driven through both the U and the shower wall frame to secure them in place. If the wall warps or if the floor buckles/sinks, the shower enclosure will not remain "level". It should be as simple as removing the top rail, removing the screws and realigning the shower wall, then reinserting the screws and top cap. Once leveled, be sure to reseal the base and any areas that may leak.

Terry W.
06-26-2018, 01:36 PM
That's what I was thinking. Just trying to get a second person in these small bathroom to help hold the glass. Mine has a small Gap at the top of stall/ wall and tight at the bottom. I would have hoped it screwed into a stud of some kind, but travel may have just lossen screws