PDA

View Full Version : Lovin' it!

guitarboy52
06-22-2018, 07:18 PM
Into our third night with our new passport (2018, 2520 RL). Watching "The Good, Bad and the Ugly" on DVD. So far all systems have checked out great, couldn't be happier with our choice. Been a bit chilly in the A.M. and the forced air furnace is extremely nice, a bit warm in the afternoon and evening and the air conditioner has done it's job. We've showered, cooked, baked, microwaved slept and .....a...flushed, all AOK. Weather permitting, tomorrow I'll be putting the grill to the test with a full rack of ribs. This is a very nice trailer, looks great inside and out. One feature I really like is the lighting in the kitchen/living area.We have rented condos in Florida (for the last time), the counter and stove area lighting for some reason has not been very good, on the other hand, Passport has lighting to spare. I do almost all the cooking and have to admit the counter and stove lighting is better than we have in our home, and I designed that myself. It has a lot of storage and we're working to figure what and where works best for us. I'm starting to realize this might be sounding like a commercial, but for now you can just consider me a happy camper.

chuckster57
06-22-2018, 07:27 PM
Most excellent!!! Glad your happy and I hope it continues for a long time. :)

sourdough
06-22-2018, 08:55 PM
Super! You will find that the fun just gets better!

ctbruce
06-23-2018, 04:06 AM
We like these stories too! Glad it's going well for you.

Plumbtrician
06-23-2018, 04:35 AM
Love hearing this. We’ve been very pleased with our ‘18 Hideout 175LHS. A thing here or there I’ve had to tinker with, but I don’t mind. Kind of enjoy it. Our only regret is that we didn’t do this sooner. Enjoy your rig!

guitarboy52
06-23-2018, 04:37 PM
The Passport comes with an Aussie grill and bumper mount. I thought I had in issue with the LP hook up under the trailer, I couldn't get the male end into fitting. Then I realized there was a zip tie that was holding the lp warning tags behind the coupler and not allowing it to slide all the way back, also, the shut off was in the open position and it has a tab that only allows you to connect in off position which makes sense. The grill preformed pretty well, I was able to slow cook my ribs between 200-300. It"s only a single burner, but I thought the control was decently responsive. I figure if it can handle a full rack of ribs it should handle about anything my wife and I care to grill.

Ductape
06-23-2018, 05:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFa1-kciCb4

Happy camping !!! :D

guitarboy52
06-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Three more nights, still going great.

Wmeili
06-24-2018, 08:34 PM
Nice to hear from a happy camper.