PDA

View Full Version : Vent cover installation

Jakswe
06-21-2018, 08:16 PM
On a 19flbwe, the toilet and shower vents are right next to each other. The vent for the shower is double the normal (small) size too.

Have you been able to install two vent covers that close to one another?

If not, is there a way to get a single cover (shroud) on both vents? This looks to be a very large cover/shroud tho.

ctbruce
06-22-2018, 03:29 AM
Pictures would help. Have you measured the vent?

JRTJH
06-22-2018, 06:05 AM
All the vents that I've seen in recent years are 14"x14". In the past, there were some cab-over campers that had 24"x24" "escape vents" in the cab-over section.

On your trailer, are you talking about the sky light over the shower? Usually there's a non-opening plastic bubble over the shower. It lets in light and raises the ceiling to allow for more headroom. If that's what you're talking about, I don't think there is a vent cover sized to cover the sky light. Your bathroom vent should be a 14"x14" size, probably with a small 6" fan. Any commercial vent cover will fit that size vent.

Jakswe
06-23-2018, 06:29 PM
Yes, it is the skylight next to the 14”x14” vent. I no longer am interested in putting the cover over the skylight. How close is “too close” when installing the vent cover to a skylight?

LarrySharon
06-23-2018, 08:34 PM
Should not be a problem. My vent and shower skylight are close together but not sure if it is as close as yours.