PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Forecast

TheGriz
06-21-2018, 06:22 AM
Weekend Forecast

laidback
06-21-2018, 04:48 PM
Mike any good but reasonable parks in your neck of the trail. looking at coming that way next month. Maybe for a month.

Thanks Bruce

SAABDOCTOR
06-22-2018, 07:09 AM
THAT'S GREAT! MINE IS FINALLY RETIRED TODAY LOTS OF CAMPING AHEAD:dance::marshmallow::party:

Canonman
06-22-2018, 07:31 AM
THAT'S GREAT! MINE IS FINALLY RETIRED TODAY LOTS OF CAMPING AHEAD:dance::marshmallow::party:

Congratulations! Retirement Training completed, now it's time for some real, journeyman, recreating and relaxing:fishing:

DOWva
06-22-2018, 08:12 AM
Hey Griz I agree looks like the same kind of forecast here as well.

Alpine
06-22-2018, 09:13 AM
Got a head start last night....

TheGriz
06-24-2018, 06:59 PM
Mike any good but reasonable parks in your neck of the trail. looking at coming that way next month. Maybe for a month.

Thanks Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I was just recently at Frances Slocum State Park outside Wilkes Barre, PA. Nice park, nice CG, wooded/roomy sites, nice lake/good fishing. Very reasonable at ~$26/night. All the PA state park campgrounds can be found at visitpaparks.com

The other place folk love is Knoeble CG in Elysburg, PA. This CG is truly family owned and has been run by the Knoebel family forever. It is integral to Knoebels Amusement/Swimming Park. I have been to park but not CG. Very reasonable for everything...park, CG, food, rides, etc.

These parks are far enough west of NYC where the weekend influx from the east is very limited :hide:.

I'm curious what you decide and how you like where you go. Please keep me apprised!

Regards,
Mike

TheGriz
06-24-2018, 07:07 PM
Got a head start last night....

My favorite!

Chief Mole
06-27-2018, 06:09 PM
Our local forecast is always coffee followed by wine for DW and whisky for me.

notanlines
06-27-2018, 06:24 PM
Since yesterday was Saturday and beer-thirty came just after noon, that means today is Saturday and beer-thirty is, again, just before noon. Since tomorrow is Saturday and we are fishing, that means crack a cold one while waiting to fill the thermos with coffee, grab the cooler and on to Lake Chetek.
Sometimes one just can't help telling those who have not retired that IT IS ALL IT'S CRACKED UP TO BE! And every day is Saturday.....

sourdough
06-27-2018, 06:30 PM
Since yesterday was Saturday and beer-thirty came just after noon, that means today is Saturday and beer-thirty is, again, just before noon. Since tomorrow is Saturday and we are fishing, that means crack a cold one while waiting to fill the thermos with coffee, grab the cooler and on to Lake Chetek.
Sometimes one just can't help telling those who have not retired that IT IS ALL IT'S CRACKED UP TO BE! And every day is Saturday.....

^^^^Ha! Ha! Cracks me up. YES, it IS all it's cracked up to be. It's so great I just keep getting my Saturday's confused!