PDA

View Full Version : Rear sewer issue

Trgerman76
06-20-2018, 07:02 AM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I want to avoid the nightmare that I went through two days ago! I have a keystone passport 3350 that has two bathrooms. It has a sewer drain with two valves I the front, and one with one valve in the rear. I assumed the rear was for the rear bathroom. This was my first time draining the rear sewer and after confirming that the value was closed, I removed the cap to hook up my sewer hose and a rush of black water substance came flying out. I put the cap back on, re he ked the valve, it was closed, and tried again. Same result. I called keystone and they said that there should be two valves back there. There definitely is not. They said maybe it fell off but there doesn't appear to be an area where there was a valve. Does anyone else have this model and know what is up with the rear sewer? I need to empty tomorrow and head home and would like to avoid what happened before. Thanks so much for any help!

Trgerman76
06-20-2018, 07:23 AM
Pics of the rear sewer line.

travelin texans
06-20-2018, 08:52 AM
The 1 1/2" valve will be for grey water not black, there should be another valve somewhere on the 3" line that's for black.
Does that 3" dump connection drag when going through dips? It appears to be awfully low!

Trgerman76
06-20-2018, 09:16 AM
I think it might appear lower than it really is in the picture. No issues dragging so far.

So the 3" pipe SHOULD have a valve, but doesn't? I guess I need to call the dealer and tell them that it was built wrong. I have searched all around for another valve and there just isn't one.

Thanks for your feedback.

Tbos
06-20-2018, 09:31 AM
Cut some of the coroplast and you will probably find the valve. The handles usually screw on. It probably fell off.

sourdough
06-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Yep, from the posted pictures you are missing the valve for the black water drain. I doubt it was made without it, it's probably just missing.

If you are unable to find the valve you might consider an auxiliary valve such as the one in this thread. It would stop the unwanted dumping coming out:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30731&highlight=dump+flush+valve

arch113
06-20-2018, 09:55 AM
I have a 2018 3350bh, today or tomorrow I will check mine and take pictures...

JRTJH
06-20-2018, 10:04 AM
There is a 3" valve further up (under the coroplast). It may be a Bowden cable activated valve with the handle/knob 4 or 5 feet from the outlet or it may have a 8" aluminum rod screwed to it that "should" protrude through the coroplast, usually in a small slit.

The reason the valve is inside the coroplast is to prevent liquid from being exposed to the elements to prevent freezing. If you remove a couple of the screws on the edge of the coroplast, you should be able to pull it down an inch or so, use a flashlight and peek inside. Chances are you'll find the valve just above the coroplast and you should be able to visualize where the cable/rod is routed.

Trgerman76
06-20-2018, 11:58 AM
Thanks everyone. I am going to climb under and take another look. I don't like the idea of digging into the cloroplast on the bottom but I am sure you all are right and it's there.

To the poster who had this model, pics would be awesome!!!!! Then I can look and see where it should be. Thanks again!

... I have a few minutes to look since my teenage son locked us out of the trailer! Guess I need to invest in a hideaway key thingy!

Tbos
06-20-2018, 12:29 PM
I learned the hard way to never go outside without my trailer keys.

Carrottop
06-20-2018, 12:33 PM
I gotta ask on the locked trailer. How did you get locked out when you need the key to lock the door from the outside. Unless my lock is a different style.

JRTJH
06-20-2018, 12:40 PM
I learned the hard way: $1.69 at any auto parts store and sticks "magically" (magnetically) to any out of sight steel part of any RV....

DOWva
06-20-2018, 01:23 PM
Yeah I keep an extra set of keys for the 5th wheel in my truck and an extra set of truck keys in the 5th wheel just in case.

Trgerman76
06-21-2018, 04:25 AM
I'm not sure what happened. My son and his friend somehow managed to lock it with the keys inside. We hid one for the back door to avoid that happening again.

arch113
06-21-2018, 05:13 AM
Thanks everyone. I am going to climb under and take another look. I don't like the idea of digging into the cloroplast on the bottom but I am sure you all are right and it's there.

To the poster who had this model, pics would be awesome!!!!! Then I can look and see where it should be. Thanks again!

... I have a few minutes to look since my teenage son locked us out of the trailer! Guess I need to invest in a hideaway key thingy!

Sorry I didn't make it out there yesterday, but I will today, since I have to pack some stuff for a trip tomorrow, will get the pictures posted later this evening.

TheGriz
06-21-2018, 05:39 AM
The t-handle for my galley grey tank does NOT come down through the corroplast, but out the SIDE of the I-beam frame and behind the slide "skirt". To see and get to it, you really have to get under the TT and look up behind the skirting :facepalm:. If the slide is out it is easier to see. I'm offering this tidbit just in case your quest to find the T-handle was limited to under the corroplast. Not sure why, but the pic loaded rotated 90* right.

Good luck,
Mike

Tbos
06-21-2018, 08:29 AM
On the slam lock portion of the door it can be locked while the door is open. You can then enter your TT and exit without the keys and it will be locked.

arch113
06-21-2018, 04:13 PM
Pics of the rear sewer line.

Here is what mine looks like...

Trgerman76
06-22-2018, 06:23 AM
Thanks so much for the picture! I wasn't even looking there. I do not have the lever. I'll run out and see if there is a hole where it was or if it was never installed. I gotta call camping world today and see about getting it in for repair.

arch113
06-22-2018, 06:48 AM
Thanks so much for the picture! I wasn't even looking there. I do not have the lever. I'll run out and see if there is a hole where it was or if it was never installed. I gotta call camping world today and see about getting it in for repair.

No problem, let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Trgerman76
06-22-2018, 08:28 AM
How are you liking the passport? This is our first trailer so everything is new and a bit overwhelming. I think that a shorter trailer would have been nice for a first timer. But we love the bunkhouse, second bath and amount of space that the trailer has.

Overall, after two shirt trips, we really have enjoyed it. I'm sure the length will be less of an issue once I am more experienced driving it.

arch113
06-22-2018, 10:01 AM
Hope to find out soon.... We picked the trailer up Apr 28 in Michigan (we have family up there), and drove it back to Oklahoma while staying 2 nights along the way. Parked it on Apr 30 evening, about 12hrs later on my way to work, my truck gets T-boned (no injuries). Just got the truck back from repair this week and taking it out this weekend. :)

Carrottop
06-22-2018, 12:32 PM
One of the reasons I got my wife a full size SUV. would not want to pull with it all the time but if something should happen to the truck and it is out for a short period we can still camp using her Armada. There are some bad drivers out there. Stay safe and enjoy the weekend.

DOWva
06-22-2018, 06:26 PM
Tbos is that correct with all RVs. Guess I better put a key under the RV somewhere huh.

Trgerman76
06-24-2018, 08:00 AM
How terrible! Glad everyone is OK. We want to do more trips but our business is keeping us from getting out. It sure was fun though.

arch113
06-25-2018, 06:40 AM
Finally took the trailer out this past weekend :)

Only issue I had was the light in the bedroom over the bed, the center plastic piece doesnt make contact with the switch, so you have to pop the lens off to turn the light on. Emailed the company Command Electronics and they sent me a replacement lens, but that didnt work. Ended up shoving some plastic pieces in the inside center lens hole, and that seems to work for now.

Also it appears i have lost one of the screws that holds the plastic wheel 'flare', had to pull over since it was kinda flapping in the wind, used wire times to hold it together until I replace the screw. Noticed a few other screws was loose to i tightened those.

sourdough
06-25-2018, 09:08 AM

Only issue I had was the light in the bedroom over the bed, the center plastic piece doesnt make contact with the switch, so you have to pop the lens off to turn the light on. Emailed the company Command Electronics and they sent me a replacement lens, but that didnt work. Ended up shoving some plastic pieces in the inside center lens hole, and that seems to work for now.

Also it appears i have lost one of the screws that holds the plastic wheel 'flare', had to pull over since it was kinda flapping in the wind, used wire times to hold it together until I replace the screw. Noticed a few other screws was loose to i tightened those.

There are lots of threads that include permanent repairs for the fender skirts. Do a search for fender skirts and see what you find. Tightening them will not work; they will continually come out....until you lose a fender as I did on my first trip.

Trgerman76
06-25-2018, 09:19 AM
I'm going to look into that as well. Mine are loose and sticking out a little. I'll mention it to camping world when I take it in for the other repair. That is, if they ever call me back!

Trgerman76
06-25-2018, 09:20 AM
How does it lock on the slam lock area? We are unintentionally locking it. It would be nice to know how it locks.

MerlinB
06-25-2018, 10:35 AM

Speed nuts. This is what I use for those loose screws on the fender skirts. And...other places.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-4-Count-8-Black-Phosphate-Standard-SAE-Flat-Spring-Nuts/3013171

Tinner12002
06-25-2018, 11:40 AM
You might even check around the tire area as sometimes they put the valves right behind the rear tire near the frame.

fmitzen
06-28-2018, 09:25 AM
You will continue to have a problem with the screws, replacing them with nuts and bolts will fix the problem

Laredo240MK2015
06-28-2018, 11:05 AM
Because of the experience with our last trailer, I took silicone sealer and dabbed each of the sheet metal screws. So far so good, nothing has loosened up or fallen off yet.

Starfleetmarj
06-28-2018, 01:15 PM
We have a rear bath in our Fuzion 371 toyhauler. We were having problems with one of the black tank valves leaking, not sure which one it is. PITA when needing to dump because whatever sewage leaks sits at the end cover and dumps out when we take the cover off to drain. For a quick fix, the rv dealer installed a valve at the very end of the drain pipe. So now we can take the cover off and hook up the hose without dumping sewage on the ground. Still need to take it in so we can figure out which black valve is leaking.

whitetailfanatic
06-29-2018, 07:57 AM
We have a rear bath in our Fuzion 371 toyhauler. We were having problems with one of the black tank valves leaking, not sure which one it is. PITA when needing to dump because whatever sewage leaks sits at the end cover and dumps out when we take the cover off to drain. For a quick fix, the rv dealer installed a valve at the very end of the drain pipe. So now we can take the cover off and hook up the hose without dumping sewage on the ground. Still need to take it in so we can figure out which black valve is leaking.

My wife and I are having the same problem with our black tank valve or valves leaking and building up pressure and blowing out when opening the main cap. Causing a mess. We have taken it back in twice to have it checked and all they keep doing is pouring some kinda liquid down the toilet to try and soften the seal. By the way this is on a 2018 Raptor 355. Bought in April of 2017 from Walnut Ridge in New Castle Indana. This is about a 4 to 4 1/2 hour drive for us we live in central Illinois and at the time was no dealer close that had toy haulers from Keystone that we wanted. Hopeing some one would know of a easy fix for this leaking. Would put another valve gate at the bottom but it’s already low to the ground. This is just one of many problems we have had with this unit. Really disappointed in this keystone.

travelin texans
06-29-2018, 09:19 AM
There shouldn't be pressure on the dump line or black tank unless the roof vent is plugged or too deep into the tank & not venting out the top. The dump valves weren't designed to hold pressure so all the seal softening won't help.

arch113
07-09-2018, 06:42 AM
I'm going to look into that as well. Mine are loose and sticking out a little. I'll mention it to camping world when I take it in for the other repair. That is, if they ever call me back!

Get your problem fixed?

Trgerman76
07-09-2018, 11:05 AM
No. The service department has no returned my call. I'll try again today.