PDA

View Full Version : F417 3rd AC unit doesn’t work

Mnjweaver
06-17-2018, 06:34 PM
Hi we have a 2017 Fuzion F417. For some reason we can’t get the garage (3rd) AC unit to turn on at all. It’s different looking than the main and bedroom unit. It says “Coleman Mach Remote Control” on the cover on the ceiling, the other two units just say “Coleman Mach”. Our thermostat has 3 zones on it and when we turn Zone three on both the main and bedroom units turn on.

We are stumped.

Any ideas on how to get it to work?

Thank you in advance .

ctbruce
06-18-2018, 06:05 PM
A couple of questions. Is this a new to you trailer? Has the AC ever worked? Some of these big units have a energy management system that only runs 2 out of the three at a time. Hopefully someone else may follow up with more information.

Signguy71
06-18-2018, 06:10 PM
Turn one on at a time to test.

Owl
06-24-2018, 07:32 AM
I have the same thing in a 2017 423. What I have come to believe is that the garage ac only comes on once the living room has cooled down and cycles off. There is only two breakers in the panel for ac and this is my best guess. After doing a bunch of clean up work from the factory it seems to be working as the other two units are now working properly. It is frustrating that not all three run at the same time.

MattHelm21
06-24-2018, 05:00 PM
You can search for additional information as this has been discussed before. Without the recent Omni chill feature, units like ours have the energy management system mentioned above. Zone 2, the living area functions all the time. Zone 1(Bedroom) and Zone2(Garage) are managed with the bedroom as the master. So if the bedroom calls for AC, the garage switches off. If the bedroom never cools down to the set temperature, the garage will never switch on. In a perfect world, the bedroom switches off, the garage is alllowed to come on and as needed the bedroom switches back. All this in order to prevent overload.

Edit: Can you confirm the bedroom AC is cycled off for a few minutes while the garage should be calling for AC?

SonneSmiles
08-21-2018, 12:26 PM
Hi. Jumping on this thread hoping you can lead us in the right direction. We have 3 ac's and completely understand that only 2 can run at one time. Our problem is our toy hauler ac. It all started with our 2 acs trying to run at the same time, tripping the breaker, of course. Now our toy hauler ac has quit running, as if it doesn't get power. Changed out the control panel, not the problem. Cleaned connectors in main ac, not the problem. Sounds like there is a power center that may be bad (the ac will work about once a month for a day). Any ideas where it may be in a 2017 Fuzion Chrome 4141? Or any other suggestions? Thank you! Dona

MattHelm21
08-21-2018, 04:41 PM
The power management box should be located behind the convenience center in the basement storage area behind an access panel you will need to remove. I am assuming by “toy hauler ac” you mean the garage AC. As mentioned above, and assuming everything is properly wired, the energy management will prevent the garage AC(Zone 3) from coming on at all if the bedroom AC(Zone 2) is running. Have you switched all zones off and tried turning on Zone 3 by itself to see if it starts?

SonneSmiles
08-21-2018, 05:52 PM
Thank you Matt for responding! Yes, we have tried to force the garage ac to turn on and still nothing. We get excited as it will work if we leave it alone for a month or so and try something different (ie cleaning contact wires) and it'll work, but it only works for about a day. And we still have to make sure the bedroom ac stays off to avoid them throwing the breaker. My hubby will look for the power management this weekend 😁

whcarr
08-22-2018, 04:44 AM
Try doing some searchs in the toy hauler forum, about 2 months ago a member posted a very detailed account of how to rewire this system, adding a breaker etc. Hope this helps. Bill

SonneSmiles
08-22-2018, 09:11 AM
Thank you Bill! I'll search! I appreciate it! Dona

Racebug
08-22-2018, 09:13 AM
http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29414
this may help

K_N_L
08-22-2018, 09:23 AM
I put my 3rd A/C unit on its own breaker (thread below). On our last trip out I checked the load readings on the surge protector with all three units running (also tv's, fridge, water heater - normal usage) each leg was in the 17 - 18 amp range.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34062

SonneSmiles
08-29-2018, 04:49 PM
We found the Power Control Center...put in a new one..Voila! Problem fixed! We believe it went bad when we had major storms and lost power. Remember to turn off your ac's before starting on your generator! Found the problem by reading these forums! Thank Everybody! Dona