PDA

View Full Version : 4221 Patio Weight Rating

SCSTTROOPER
06-17-2018, 06:33 PM
Hello Everyone! Does anyone know how much weight can be put on the rear patio of the 4221?

Frank G
06-17-2018, 06:55 PM
I have asked this question myself (a previous toy hauler). Most ramp doors are made by LCI (who else) and I found anything within reason would be ok. By ok I mean 4 people consuming adult beverages on a summer afternoon. Unreasonable would be holding a square dance on the patio. :eek:

SCSTTROOPER
06-18-2018, 05:19 PM
I have one of the new Morryde Zero G Doors on the back of my 4221. I feel sure that somewhere Keystone has put a weight limit on the patio but no one seems to know what that might be. I am going to ask them directly and see what (if anything) they say.

ctbruce
06-18-2018, 05:42 PM
I have one of the new Morryde Zero G Doors on the back of my 4221. I feel sure that somewhere Keystone has put a weight limit on the patio but no one seems to know what that might be. I am going to ask them directly and see what (if anything) they say.You might want to call Morryde also.

George1
06-20-2018, 05:22 PM
Okay I am brand new to this and I have been searching for about 20 minutes now trying to figure out how I can ask a question.

ctbruce
06-20-2018, 06:08 PM
Okay I am brand new to this and I have been searching for about 20 minutes now trying to figure out how I can ask a question.Looks like you did, but I doubt this is your real question. I'm going to head over to your other post for your real question.

George1
06-20-2018, 06:43 PM
Haha you're funny. Since u r answering questions, maybe you could answer one for me. I am looking for some stabilizers of some sort to put underneath the ramp on my toy hauler when I'm using it as a patio. It seems to me that it needs some sort of stabilisation to take some of the pressure off of those cables that are attached to the top of the toyhauler. Also is that the only thing there is available for stairs for that patio... Are those high-dollar $400 one?

ctbruce
06-20-2018, 06:48 PM
LCI and Mor-ryde are the major players in this market. I believe that sounds right on the cost based on what other members have said. Please also be aware that many do not like the steps for various reasons including the amount of space they take up.

notanlines
06-21-2018, 03:27 AM
Trooper, there should be a sticker on the front wall of the garage with a load limit listed for your ramp. With the max weight of the newer 4 passenger side by sides I'm guessing it will approach 2000 lbs or more. I'd be interested in what Mor-ryde has to say.

twvette
06-26-2018, 04:19 PM
I am looking for some stabilizers of some sort to put underneath the ramp on my toy hauler when I'm using it as a patio. It seems to me that it needs some sort of stabilisation to take some of the pressure off of those cables that are attached to the top of the toyhauler.

Yep, can order a support leg and working REALLY well for me ... see this post:
http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33122&page=2

xrated
06-26-2018, 09:48 PM
I have no idea what the capacity is for your particular trailer ramp door, but as a reference (maybe), I have a 2017 Keystone Fuzion Impact 303 with a 10' garage and the ramp door is rated at 2500 lbs. This of course is most likely considering that the ramp is on the ground (being used as a ramp) and being able to bring up to 2500 lbs up it and into the garage area. I'm not sure that I would be willing to "test" that amount of weight, but I have nothing that goes in there that even comes close to 2500 lbs.