PDA

View Full Version : Cougar radio

zbiddle
06-13-2018, 02:12 PM
Can I replace this with a diffrent one that has bluetooth?16982

JRTJH
06-13-2018, 02:15 PM
It would be easy to replace, the problem will be in wiring all the speaker systems, DVD/TV interface to your existing wiring. If you're up to that task and can manage the woodwork to build the faceplate for that cabinet, it's very easy to install an upgraded 12 volt audio/video system. If the existing system has a USB interface, you may be able to adapt a plug-in Bluetooth adapter and get most of the functionality of a new system.

zbiddle
06-13-2018, 02:17 PM
It don't have to have video. I don't plan on putting a TV in it. An what radio would you recommend for this camper. Has the 2 speakers above it then 2 more in the bedroom.

JRTJH
06-13-2018, 07:15 PM
Recommendations on what "level" radio is difficult to provide. Some people "swear by" a certain brand, other people "swear at" the same brand. Find any 12 volt radio that has the features you want and if you're up to the woodwork to install it, you'll be "good to go".... Keep in mind that almost every automotive/marine radio has the capacity to connect two sets of speakers, so with your trailer having two sets, you don't need to worry about the "third, outside speakers".... So, pretty much any car radio that fits your needs will work.

zbiddle
06-13-2018, 07:17 PM
Ok thank you very much. I'm new to this camper. My dad gave it to me last year after his house was built. Now I can start working on the delamination in the front. It took it all the way down to the plywood. Duct tape and flex seal tape works wonders.