PDA

View Full Version : RI,Ct,Ma campgrounds

Jay D
07-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Does anyone know of any good campgrounds in these areas? If so how was your experience? Thanks

Englishman
07-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Wawloam in ri is very good around $50 a night sites are nice and big.
Wawaloam.com from state campgrounds try fishmans memorial arond $35 a night less as you live in RI.
We have tried a couple of site in ma ideal if you have kids jellystone in sturbridge and normandy farm. Both are on the pricey side and some of the.site are small but the campgrounds are very god.
You will also find a lot of privite at state campground on route 44 heading west. We are hoping to try a fewof these this year. Hope this helps. Happy camping.

Jay D
07-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Thank you for your reply, I will have to check out the websites.

Tranquilty1
07-19-2011, 02:45 AM
Odetah in Bozrah, CT near New London is one of my favorites when travelling with kids. Very friendly people, lots of activities, beautiful lake. Cape Cod Campresort in East Falmouth, MA on the Cape is another great place. The kids had a great time and the adults even had seperate swimming pools. Both have websites so you can check for current rates. Enjoy!

Jay D
07-19-2011, 08:16 AM
I will have to go and check them out. Thank u. We have a 14,11,and 5. So any place that is kid friendly the better.

NSTS1470
07-19-2011, 08:51 AM
I believe the walawom in RI just had their entire store and office area burn down about 3 weeks ago. Normandy Farms is by far the nicest in the area. 3 outdoor pools(one is heated and had a hot tub.) There is also an indoor heated pool, hot tubs and sauna. The showers and bathrooms are immaculate as well as the grounds. You couldnt find a piece of trash if you tried. Expensive yes and the sites arent the biggest. But they have daily activites from 8am till 9pm. You also have patriot place and the wrentham outlets within 10 minutes for those rainy days. We go here 4 to 5 times a year.
Pine Acres out near worcester, ma is also a great place. They have a nice pond for swimming and fishing. As well as a pool with a great childrens play area. More rustic than Normandy and a bit cheaper.

Englishman
07-19-2011, 10:07 AM
You are correct the upstairs part of the building did get burnt down but the store was open and the repairs were well under way when we visited on the July 4th weekend. My two kids Aged 9 and 6 love the water slides at Wawaloam.

NSTS1470
07-20-2011, 06:10 AM
thanks for the info. It was on my list of places to go but once I saw the fire on tv I was out.

E597283
07-26-2011, 08:05 AM
I will second everything NSTS1470 said. We love Normandy and last weekend was our first trip to Pine Acres. I also like BayView in Bourne Ma. I have 3 more weekend trips to Normandy planned for the rest of the summer

gregrc75
08-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Another vote for Normandy. I only wish the sites were a little more "random" and not laid out like a parking lot. Other then that I really enjoy every visit I make there.