PDA

View Full Version : Propane regulator

Eastham
06-08-2018, 05:17 PM
Is it normal to have the regulator facing the rear of rv.you have to squeeze between the front cap and the regulator to see the green window to see if it is time to change tanks.

Kylemcmahon1
06-08-2018, 05:20 PM
Do not know if it is normal. But I solved the issue with the mopeka tank check. Has an app for phone and magnetic sensors. It is the most accurate propane tank sensors I have ever found. Work great ever time winter or summer.

JRTJH
06-08-2018, 05:42 PM
No, it's not normal for the face of the regulator to be positioned "looking to the rear". I'd guess you have two propane tanks and the regulator is mounted on the screw rod that runs between the two tanks. It should be as simple as disconnecting both propane pigtails, loosening the cross brace that holds the tanks in position, turn the regulator around so it faces forward, reconnect the two propane pigtails and retighten the cross brace.

Physically, it doesn't matter which direction the regulator faces, so make it convenient for you.

chuckster57
06-08-2018, 05:44 PM
If there is enough slack in the gas line to the trailer, you can turn it around. There isn’t a right and left hose, they can go either way. If you look at the base of the tray, the notch for the supply line is usually at the back of the tray. I have turned them around...

Eastham
06-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Thanks John that what I have .I wasn't sure if they had it facing that way for a reason or not but I will definitely change it.

Eastham
06-08-2018, 05:58 PM
The notch is in the back.if I turn the regulator around will the hose be rubbing on the front of the notch the way it is now the hose is straight down through the notch.I will give it a try and see what happens thanks for the advice.

chuckster57
06-08-2018, 06:59 PM
It may touch the notch, but remember your tanks are secured tight so the hose won’t “rub” anymore than it does now.