PDA

View Full Version : First look at our new trailer

FlyingAroundRV
06-04-2018, 05:28 PM
We arrived in Elkhart this afternoon, just before closing time at the dealer. The salesman, tossed me a key and said "You wanna go have a quick look?"
Did I ever

sourdough
06-04-2018, 05:34 PM
Scott, you finally made it!! Got the truck and now about to get the trailer! Here's hoping that everything goes perfectly with the purchase, walk through and the planned adventures! Have fun.

FlyingAroundRV
06-04-2018, 05:44 PM
Thanks Danny. I tried to upload two pics but for some reason only one will load at a time using my ipad.
We took two long driving days to get from Dallas to Elkhart, but now we need wire brushes to get the smiles off our faces.
It has been a long journey that started last July and we're nearly on our way.
We will do the walkthrough and our own personal PDI tomorrow.
I have to give a big plug to the dealership and our sales rep in particular. We bought the trailer from Tiara in Elkhart frome Jim Schmucker. Jim has made the process a breeze and anything I asked was not a problem.
I want to do my own extensive PDI (based on the list in the forums here) "No problem, take as long as you want and just tell us if anything needs doing afterwards." was Jim's response. He did a LOT of other things for us concerning the deal, above and beyond what we expected.

chuckster57
06-04-2018, 06:32 PM
Congrats!!! Enjoy your new rig.

Triple GGG
06-04-2018, 06:38 PM
Congratulations. Great looking TT.

14george
06-05-2018, 01:14 AM
Congrats from Wv

JimQ
06-05-2018, 01:30 AM
Congrats Scott! Best of luck to you both! Looking forward to your updates. Safe travels!

Tinner12002
06-05-2018, 02:00 AM
Thanks Danny. I tried to upload two pics but for some reason only one will load at a time using my ipad.
We took two long driving days to get from Dallas to Elkhart, but now we need wire brushes to get the smiles off our faces.
It has been a long journey that started last July and we're nearly on our way.
We will do the walkthrough and our own personal PDI tomorrow.
I have to give a big plug to the dealership and our sales rep in particular. We bought the trailer from Tiara in Elkhart frome Jim Schmucker. Jim has made the process a breeze and anything I asked was not a problem.
I want to do my own extensive PDI (based on the list in the forums here) "No problem, take as long as you want and just tell us if anything needs doing afterwards." was Jim's response. He did a LOT of other things for us concerning the deal, above and beyond what we expected.

Good for your two!! Now all that remains is to enjoy it! Congrats on your new purchase!

Leatherman
06-05-2018, 04:34 AM
Congrats Scott.

What model trailer is that?

I like looking up all of the newer model trailers that I have nto seen before.

Tbos
06-05-2018, 09:22 AM
Congrats, if you make it out to Southern MD look us up.

FlyingAroundRV
06-09-2018, 04:46 PM
Congrats Scott.

What model trailer is that?

I like looking up all of the newer model trailers that I have nto seen before.
Hi Bobby:

Sorry for the late reply.

Our trailer is a Keystone Outback 272UFL.

sourdough
06-09-2018, 05:06 PM
Scott,

You guys are going to have a blast in that trailer. I wish you the very best and hope you get to see/do everything you hope to.
Danny

chay1950
06-14-2018, 08:02 AM
Congratulations on your new Keystone. I got a 2018 Springdale back in February and have not had any serious problems. It's a great trailer. You'll love it.

LuvsPalmTrees
06-14-2018, 08:31 AM
Nice looking trailer. Congratulations. Now it is time to have fun!!!!!

FlyingAroundRV
06-14-2018, 08:53 AM
One full week in the trailer and still love it. The floor plan is working out just as I thought/hoped.
Currently parked up at Little Beaver SP in WV, having a spot of lunch, listening to the woodpecker bash his brains out against the nearby trees.
Since we arrived in he US on the 5th, it has been very hectic, setting up the phone, bank accounts, shopping for and buying a truck in Dallas, then a mad dash cross country to IN to pick up the trailer. Today is chillaxing day. Yesterday we made a poor road choice getting here and found ourselves on a very rough, very winding road with several low railway bridges, in the rain. Quite nerve wracking, but we made it without incident. Some things fell over in the cupboards and clothes fell off the rack in the closet, but all's well.

jlb27537
06-14-2018, 10:04 AM
We bought ours there. Jim was great. Service is a JOKE. Do your own pdi. They never hooked ours up to water. Toilet would not hold water. Had X Factor braces installed. They installed the new wet bolts dry. Could see daylight thry top of door opening. They wanted me to wait 10 days for a new door and toilet, this after giving them 10 days to do a pdi.

JIM IS GREAT....SERVICE SUCKS....

Congrats on a new rig.

foldbak
06-15-2018, 06:47 AM
Congrats on the new rig.