PDA

View Full Version : Passport 2890RL Exhaust Issue

butchiiii
06-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Hi Folks,
We've got a 2015 Pasport 2890RL TT. On our last outing I noticed that there
is no exhaust vent to the outside for the range exhaust fan. It just sucks up the air and blows it out of the sides of the hood into the interior. I don't think that this is normal. Does anyone else have this problem?

Carrottop
06-04-2018, 01:09 PM
Very common now days. I installed a Maxxair power vent to replace the standard vent in the roof above the kitchen works great to remove cooking odors and heat. It has the ability to move air in or out. Alternatively you can replace yours with a version that does vent outside and cut a hole for it on the trailer. I was not that ambitious.

Wxman
06-04-2018, 02:14 PM
That is also how my Elite 19RB works. I even asked that specific question during the walk-thru and the young tech said it vented out the roof. It doesn't. I installed a power vent fan on the ceiling vent which is right behind the stove area on my unit.

LuvsPalmTrees
06-07-2018, 07:29 AM
I don't cook enough inside to notice - but I am going to check next weekend. Does not make any sense.

travelin texans
06-07-2018, 07:36 AM
I don't cook enough inside to notice - but I am going to check next weekend. Does not make any sense.

It's a rv, making sense isn't a requirement, fast & cheap is what matters when they build them.
My current rv has the convection microwave above the cooktop & is the 1st rv I've owned in the last 40 years that is vented outside.

LuvsPalmTrees
06-07-2018, 07:58 AM
Very true travelin texans - what was I thinking. Silly me

arch113
06-07-2018, 11:01 AM
I lived in a house that had a stove vent that didn't exhaust outside anywhere, it had a metal mesh grease catch and blew the exhaust in your face (if you are tall enough, which i was). My dad modified it to blow in the attic...