PDA

View Full Version : Removing antifreeze from water system for Passport Ultralite 199W

kjadavis
06-03-2018, 04:44 PM
Is there a Keystone video or list of steps to follow to clean out the winterizing antifreeze for our 199 model?

MarcS
06-03-2018, 04:48 PM
I usually fill fresh water tank partially or hook up to city water connection and start with the furthest faucet and open cold and hot valves. Then to the next closest. And so on. After that I turn my water heater bypass back to normal. Make sure, you do use the pump when flushing too, if you do decide to use city water connection.

chuckster57
06-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Welcome to the forum. Probably not a Keystone, but most likely many generic videos on You Tube. Here’s the quick version:

Fill the fresh tank with clean water. Leave the water heater in bypass mode, by checking the valve(s) atnthe back side of the tank. Then locate the water pump, and make sure the intake valve is set to pull water from the fresh tank. There is probably a valve with a length of tubing not attached to,anything. At the water pump end is the valve.

Turn the pump on. Go to the furthest away faucet and run til the water is clear on both the hot and cold side. Once ALL the faucets are running clear then flush the toilet until clear water.

Go back to the water heater and turn the valve to let water run into,th tank. Turn on the HOT faucet of the furthest faucet and let it run until all the air is out.

Your done!!!