PDA

View Full Version : Upside down bed

Kzneft
06-03-2018, 08:11 AM
If you take out your toyhauler for the first time and your son tells you he can't sleep on the top bunk bed in the back because its like sleeping on large rocks so you check it out only to find whoever installed the bed put is on upside down. See pic. No wonder he couldn't sleep. One big board supporting your head, another on the stomach and another on the feet. I had just thought Keystone forgot to put a sheet of plywood on top but no. Flipped it over, reinstalled the side rails and put the mattress back on. Now works great. Just for anyone who builds rv's for a living, please don't tell your neighbors that is your job as you lost all credibility. I swear there is not a lot of work integrity in the RV business.

Brentw
06-03-2018, 02:50 PM
Really, need to check mine out a bit more. Threw a sheet of plywood up there and a residential mattress. I have 2 - 1 x 2 aluminum studs that will be married to the side rails, no heavy weights here but the bed is starting to bow with minimal use.

mikz86ta
06-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Oh lawdy! This is a first......yet not suprised.

Mongoose9400
09-04-2018, 01:18 PM
If you take out your toyhauler for the first time and your son tells you he can't sleep on the top bunk bed in the back because its like sleeping on large rocks so you check it out only to find whoever installed the bed put is on upside down. See pic. No wonder he couldn't sleep. One big board supporting your head, another on the stomach and another on the feet. I had just thought Keystone forgot to put a sheet of plywood on top but no. Flipped it over, reinstalled the side rails and put the mattress back on. Now works great. Just for anyone who builds rv's for a living, please don't tell your neighbors that is your job as you lost all credibility. I swear there is not a lot of work integrity in the RV business.

How difficult was it to gain access to the wood framing? Was it destructive? One of our boards cracked and I want to rebuild the frame stronger. I took a quick look and wasn't sure if I would destroy the black felt? type covering.

flybouy
09-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Looks like a southern hemisphere bed to me. Do they build them in Australia to?

CJ7Bob
09-06-2018, 03:32 PM
Apparently mine is the same way, My son said the same thing and it looks like your photo. I have already cut plywood and placed it up there. Guess I should check into turning it over.