PDA

View Full Version : ready for another camping season

66joej
06-02-2018, 10:03 AM
First time out since coming back from AZ this past winter.
Garden is up, flowers are planted and new trees are doing fine.
Time for some R&R.

Cbrez
06-02-2018, 11:32 AM
And you don’t have far to go to find beautiful camping. We stayed at the Canyon RV Resort last May (thanks to your suggestion). Once we recovered from the heart stopping drop into the campground it was absolutely gorgeous. Banff and Jasper weren’t too shabby either! Would love to visit BC every year, but it’s a bit of a drive from Virginia. We are headed to the Canadian Atlantic provinces next week. I’m sure they are beautiful, but BC set a high bar.

notanlines
06-02-2018, 05:21 PM
Cbrez, tell us where you have planned for the Maritime provinces....

roadglide
06-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Sounding like me spending the winter in Az coming home in March to poison some weeds and get the flowers going . Where leaving Monday for Austin rally then to Illinois rally . The question is when is the camping season end?

Cbrez
06-03-2018, 10:20 AM
Notanlines, We are starting out in Maine (Acadia NP), then New Brunswick (St Andrew, St John, Fundy NP, Bouctouche), Nova Scotia (Glenholme, Annapolis Royal, Halifax, Cape Breton Island), Newfoundland (Doyles, Port au Choix, Quirpon, Rocky Harbour), ending up in Prince Edward Island (Cavendish, Cornwall). Will probably take 2-3 months. If you’ve been there and have any sight seeing tips, please share.

notanlines
06-03-2018, 11:52 AM
About all I can add is consider a northern route and take in Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia, and before you go to Prince Edward Island, read up on Confederation Bridge; the actual construction, special piers, and the financing of said bridge. It is the longest bridge in the world over frozen waters. As a whole, you can look forward to having one of the very best trips of your life!:D

RGreene
06-03-2018, 01:56 PM
When you are going to PEI, take the ferry in Pictou county Caribou island and leave the island by the bridge.

Cbrez
06-03-2018, 03:47 PM
Thanks very much for your recommendations. As an architect, the history of the Confederation Bridge sounds awesome. I will read up on it. I was planning to avoid the ferry in Pictor, but not now. Thanks very much.