PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to use the water pump?

Daisylady
06-01-2018, 09:44 AM
Our Keystone Springdale 38FL does not move. We have a well with a pump and the hose goes into the city water connection. We did not winterize properly last year and when we turned on the water we got some to come out of the faucets but not as much as should have been, then I noticed that our living area was soaked. I opened up the end table to find the plumbing and messed with the connections a bit. A chunk of the plastic on the pump broke off. Do I actually need the pump if I'm using a well? Can I bypass it?

We've only had the camper a year so we're learning a lot of lessons.

JRTJH
06-01-2018, 10:03 AM
If you only use "city water" you do not need to have the pump installed. If you remove it or disconnect it, you'll need to cap the line that "T's" from the city water supply to the pump head so it won't leak into the camper.

Keep in mind that everything you do to "undo the OEM configuration" will detract from resale value should you ever want to trade it in or sell it. Other that possible reduced value, there's no reason not to eliminate the water pump.

Daisylady
06-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Thank you! We just had a roof and porch constructed so we don't expect to sell it. I'll cap it off. I appreciate your help!