PDA

View Full Version : Puck lights on/off switch

arch113
05-29-2018, 07:12 AM
Have any of you experienced a problem with the puck lights that turn on/off by a little plastic 'button' in the center of the light? I have a couple that doesn't seem to make contact with the switch so it will not turn on/off. Thought about putting some rtv in the center of the plastic switch so maybe it would make contact with the switch. Pics attached.

JRTJH
05-29-2018, 07:58 AM
If it's just a matter of making physical contact with the underlying switch, your idea may work. Alternatively, if you can identify the manufacturer, as other members have reported, they may have identified this problem and have a solution or, in some situations, they have sent members replacement fixtures as a "good will gesture". Never hurts to try, even if your modification does work.

xrated
05-29-2018, 07:58 AM
All of mine have a little slide switch on the edge of the light. They seem to be made pretty cheaply.

ctbruce
05-29-2018, 06:46 PM
I had these in a Forest River I used to own. I had to take the cover down and realign the square core. It was a latex or silicone type material and easily slid out of alignment unless the switch was pushed straight in. After as few bouts with fixing them, I learned that preventing the issue was the best way to go.

arch113
07-06-2018, 06:57 AM
I emailed the company that made the lights, they sent me a new cover that didn't fix the problem, so they sent me a whole new light that works. Kelli Bonnema at Command Electronics was very helpful.