PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Hideout - help me stop from feeling sick

yoster
05-28-2018, 07:05 PM
Hello,

New member here. Just bought a 2018 Hideout 26LHSWE. Was on "sale" for 18,999. Kids loved the bunkbeds.

My wife and I looked hard at used TT's, but couldn't find something we liked. We wanted to stay in the 10k range.. but decided it would be a better investment (not a REAL 'investment'.. you know what I'm trying to say..) to go with a new one without any hidden problems as this was to be our new "family thing" (we have two daughters - a 5 and 7 year old.)

I noticed when purchasing that materials were on the cheaper side, but didn't think much about it. Upon getting home however, I'm seeing a *LOT* of horror stories about keystone. I didn't think much about it while shopping - we looked at Starcraft and Jayco as well and I could have sworn they were all identical - well they looked like it anyway. I figured they were all built in the same place and equally 'good' quality.

Anyway, I now feel sick. We've never bought ANYTHING new before, so this was a big deal for us. We were hoping since we got it relatively 'cheap' that the depreciation hit wouldn't be as bad, and we'd enjoy a nice new trailer.

Can anyone share any redeeming qualities of this trailer to help ease my nerves? Anyone own a hideout that really really likes it and thinks it was a good purchase decision?

Here are some pics of the kiddo's in front of it - they were sure excited!

https://preview.ibb.co/ecTMJJ/1_CECA75_C_D7_DE_4524_9_EF0_3504976_B48_F2.jpg (https://ibb.co/fA4vdJ)
https://preview.ibb.co/gdXFdJ/6_DF6881_C_FCBB_43_F6_A2_AC_7868_CEBBB117.jpg (https://ibb.co/mRmadJ)
https://preview.ibb.co/nJJMJJ/A487_B968_1_C06_45_B8_BEBD_7166_E3_F7393_B.jpg (https://ibb.co/jMqCQy)
https://preview.ibb.co/jrpHsd/B4_AC4362_782_D_4_ABE_93_EC_F7523_B290_BC2.jpg (https://ibb.co/h3ooyJ)
https://preview.ibb.co/cYVOXd/BC09_FE9_D_FF22_49_E4_8406_827_D772_B5784.jpg (https://ibb.co/hfQCQy)

Triple GGG
05-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Congratulations! Go camping and don't worry about all the horror stories. Will you have some issues etc. Maybe, maybe not. I can tell you those two girls will remember the time spent together forever.

My two girls are now 25 and 19 and most of their favorite memories growing up were camping. Even when a storm destroyed our awning, this or that didn't work, etc etc they still had the time of their life.

If I dig hard enough I can find bad reviews on everything I own.

Put that picture in your car, at work and on your bathroom mirror. Go make memories that live forever.

BamaRam
05-28-2018, 07:17 PM
I’ve been one trip in mine and nothing to be sick about. A few minor things but I didn’t expect perfect.

Nice family and trailer. Enjoy!
[

ctbruce
05-28-2018, 07:17 PM
Dont have a hideout but I love my Keystone Impact. 3rd year, zero problems. You will love your new purchase.

eatmedic
05-28-2018, 07:36 PM
We bought a Hideout 29BKS 4 seasons ago. No problems to speak of. Go out have fun and make some life-long memories with the kids.

yoster
05-28-2018, 07:41 PM
This is great news - thanks everyone. Really appreciate it, seriously. My wife was getting quite frustrated with my 'sour mood' this afternoon so she sends her thanks as well lol.

busterbrown
05-28-2018, 09:53 PM
Congrats! Making memories is what it's all about. Doesn't matter if it's in a $100K toy hauler or $19K travel trailer, the trips, the adventure, the laughs, the excitement, and the relaxation is what it's all about. Financially, your bank account will like you more with the travel trailer. Welcome from Michigan and enjoy making those memories.

CrazyCain
05-29-2018, 12:57 AM
DW and I have had the Hideout 177LHS for 2 years now and no problems with it at all. It survied 2 winter of camping so far, clean as a whistle...Enjoy the memories that are about to come.

MarcS
05-29-2018, 01:38 AM
Congrats on the purchase! Now go out there and camp and make memories!
There are bound to be small issues. Don't worry. This forum is a wealth of great information!

chuckster57
05-29-2018, 02:50 AM
From a techs point of view, between the 3 choices you did good. Enjoy it, and welcome to the forum.

mlk1950
05-29-2018, 03:45 AM
My wife and I have a 2015 175 LHS. We just bought it last year, and took it out on our second trip last week. So far everything has worked like a charm and we are very pleased with it. We have owned several types of RV's over the years and have found that you have to learn the unit and make it your own. Have fun with it and welcome. These people on this forum are some of the best. When problems do arise, they will do their best to talk you through it and solve it. Take it out and have fun.

Overspray
05-29-2018, 03:57 AM
I’m in a similar position as you are. Bought brand new hideout 308BHDS 5er due to layout and hoping for zero issues. Our first trip was this past weekend, a few trim things to address, and a major leak underneath. None of which would make me change my mind or not use it. We will be going again this weekend coming up before having the leak addressed and fixed. Just can’t shower in the camper, not the end of the world. My daughter is raving about camping and can hardly contain her excitement, that makes it worth while to me and my wife. Money well spent in my book.

I worked at a car dealer in service for a few years, everything has issues. As long as they’re addressed while under warranty, you should be good to go.

kinggartk
05-29-2018, 09:12 AM
Pretty much Every Camper manufacturer has bad reviews...along their fair share of good reviews. I would say Keystone doesn't have any more bad reviews than the other mainstream manufacturers.

As long as you have a good dealer to work with, you and the dealer can overcome almost any negative issue.

JRTJH
05-29-2018, 09:46 AM
You might read 100 bad reviews online, many of them duplicates from angry people who post everywhere. When that number of bad units is taken in the proper perspective, with 500,000 trailers manufactured annually (actually there are many more than that produced each year) the number of "bad units" is so small that it's not statistically relevant (unless you're one of the owners of a bad unit). Chances of that happening, given half a million produced every year are so small that it's just not something any owner should dwell on.

Go, enjoy, deal with the issues "IF" they happen, otherwise, focus on the good, not on the "possible bad".....

There are enough hypochondriacs worried about health issues, we don't need RVchondriacs getting mixed into the fold :whistling:

Tbos
05-29-2018, 12:22 PM
I have a very good friend that has the same model without the slide and they love it. I don’t believe he has had a single issue with the exception of the door lock breaking. FYI, those locks are used in all models. Do a thorough check on everything and if there are issues get them fixed under warranty. Do or have the maintenance done routinely. Enjoy your new TT. I have grandkids the same age as yours and they absolutely love going camping with us. Welcome to the forum from Southern MD.

hamm20132
05-29-2018, 01:48 PM
Congratulations, we are in our 2nd keystone travel trailer and we have been happy with them. Have fun and be happy!

Ken / Claudia
05-29-2018, 02:37 PM
I do not see a single problem when looking at the photos. Does that mean you will never have a problem, I doubt it. RVs are in need of a lot more maintenance than your house. Learn to spot and fix the minor stuff or pay big money to the RV shop. You should know every NEW thing you buy looses a pile of value as you leave the lot. Depending on how you paid for it you may need to keep it for 5 or more years before being under water. And if you do not maintain it, the value or worth will be a munch less.
Enjoy the time your spend with your family camping that is priceless.

sourdough
05-29-2018, 02:50 PM
I've got to chime in and say I agree with the rest - NO reason to be upset or worrying. Just looking at your pictures I see 2 super reasons to be very excited. RVs, like houses, need maintenance and some TLC. Keystone is as good as any brand out there in its price range and better than most in my experience, so, learn everything you can about your trailer, load it up, pack up the girls and go make some memories for a lifetime! Oh! Welcome to the forum!

notanlines
05-29-2018, 03:25 PM
Yoster, your DW is on the money! Shake that attitude or the girls will want to leave you home next trip. People on this forum KNOW RV ‘s and they wouldn’t steer you wrong. Take lots of pictures....

Gegrad
05-29-2018, 04:50 PM
Yep, as others have stated, small things will pop up- but we are all here to help each other through them. Your girls will have so much fun and get so many memories it will all be worth it! Just get to know the small things and how to correct them at the outset and you have very few big problems. Welcome, and happy camping!

rogeru
05-29-2018, 05:29 PM
Triple GGG is spot on with their advice!! It doesn't matter how much you spend on a camper, there will be things that go wrong. That's why you need a forum such as this. The good people on here have a TON of experiences, and are willing to share great tips and information. So, Welcome Aboard!!! You are among friends!

KeithInUpstateNY
05-29-2018, 05:36 PM
Classic buyer's remorse. You WILL probably find something that's not right on your first outing that you missed in the dealer's lot and walk through. But your dealer should take care of it if you do. Your dealer is as important in your relationship with your camper as the manufacturer, maybe more so.

Take a look at all the requests for assistance resolving problems in Trailer Life and you will see problems with virtually every manufacturer at one time or another. Usually TL gets called in because a dealer isn't meeting expectations in resolving an issue.

Enjoy your new Hideout. I'm betting the kids will.

footz1941
05-29-2018, 06:47 PM
Enjoy camping with your family Make great memories. My 49 yo son now has a travel trailer. Says some of the best times were camping trips. Slide in pu camper, tent trailers, mini motor home, class A, and 5th wheel

travelin texans
05-29-2018, 06:57 PM
Keep a list of all the items you want looked at by your dealer & unless it's something major wait til after camping season to take to your dealer, you enjoy it & not let it sit in their lot all season.

LuvsPalmTrees
05-30-2018, 10:31 AM
I think of it as a traveling house. All the bumps and (if you live in Michigan) potholes sometimes things happen. Don't sweat the small stuff and have a great time. My boys camped since they were 3 mths and 6 mths in a pop-up, then a bunkhouse. They have fantastic memories and so do we. Our Laredo is at 2013 and we went camping for Mother's Day and the furnace went out the second day (temps down in the low 40's). Never had a problem before. We went and bought a heated mattress pad and kept camping. Your girls will love it and all the people they will meet and things you get to do together. They have their own bunks they can make their own space. Everyone is right - this is a great forum and you learn a lot of what to do and what not to do. ENJOY make memories and take lots of pictures.

Oki Raised
05-30-2018, 12:19 PM
I bought the exact same model last year. I've towed it from Montana all the way to the Illinois, then the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and all the way back to Montana and haven't had any issues so far. I've taken out out probably a dozen times since we bought it and the only real "oops" moment I've had is I leaned back against the dinette chair and cracked some wood. I just pulled the wood panel off, added a brace and stapled the panel back on. I sure overall you'll be pretty happy with the time you'll get to spend with your family in it!

yoster
05-30-2018, 06:14 PM
Thank you everyone for your overwhelming support. I'm now feeling MUCH better about the quality of the purchase. Still a bit bummed that I purchased something 100% new (didn't take my own advice.. you always buy used!!!) but I've now put that aside.

Dealer will have the trailer ready for me to pick up on the 11th. I'll post pics!! We already have our first trip booked :)

sourdough
05-30-2018, 07:08 PM
Thank you everyone for your overwhelming support. I'm now feeling MUCH better about the quality of the purchase. Still a bit bummed that I purchased something 100% new (didn't take my own advice.. you always buy used!!!) but I've now put that aside.

Dealer will have the trailer ready for me to pick up on the 11th. I'll post pics!! We already have our first trip booked :)

I'm glad you feel better. BTW, I never buy anything used....anything. I don't need or want someone else's problems....could have been a real jewel, but the majority of the time they're not. New items come with a lot of perks, but also downsides (depreciation). I'll go with the depreciation. Lots of folks feel differently and I understand, but that's just not me.

chuckster57
05-30-2018, 07:45 PM
All 4 of my fifth wheels were bought new.

Ksupaul
05-30-2018, 07:57 PM
The smile on their faces tell you all you need to know about your trailer. No go have fun and deal with whatever comes. And it always comes regardless of the manufacturer!!

SJH
05-31-2018, 02:51 AM
People tend to post problems not praise.
All that posted ahead of me are correct.... enjoy making memories, the kids will grow up fast. Only a small time frame to enjoy them....problems you don't have yet? ....are nothing to worry about.

Retired Copper
05-31-2018, 05:51 AM
Nice camper, congrads:). The fun and memories will far out weight any minor issues, remember if one comes up it can be fixed. This forum has a wealth of knowledge; folks here have just about seen it all at one time or the other. Getting to know your camper from end to end will give you confidence. Hey, it ain`t as bad as owning a swimming pool.

flybouy
05-31-2018, 06:02 AM
Just curious... why do you question the purchase now? Was it a case of ready, fire. aim? Or did something happen after your purchase? Seriously, the statement "Can anyone share any redeeming qualities " is very harsh and sounds like there was a major issue, which if there was should be handled under warranty. Just curious.
I hope you enjoy your new purchase.

Northofu1
05-31-2018, 06:50 AM
First night in my trailer, I woke up in panic mode, claustrophobic, in debt, in over my head. LMBO, looked at some posts on here, and realized it's nothing that can't be fixed.
rest of the trip was awesome.
Your kids will never really remember what went wrong with all the little things in the trailer, they will remember catching frogs, fishing, swimming and SMORES.
fix what breaks and enjoy :)
PS. All RV's are the same, made to depreciate.

Northofu1
05-31-2018, 06:52 AM
Hey Copper, pools are easy, unless the shell is cracked :P

Carrottop
05-31-2018, 06:57 AM
We now have two adult girls 21 and 19 and they still can't wait for camping season and still come with us when their schedules permit. We started camping when our girls were a little younger than yours and our first RV was a 1986 Glendale class c with a 460 that literally drank fuel. We drove it from Alberta our home at that time to Disneyland in 2005 and the girls still talk about that trip even though we have taken many vacations in many different fancier RV's they still miss the old Glendale or "Betsy" as they named it. Forget the worries they will always be there, make the memories they will last a lifetime.

GO Camp use the trailer and use it well, trust me it won't be the last one you own.

Safe Travels,

John

RoscoeV
05-31-2018, 07:22 AM
Congratulations on your new camper. Do yourself a favor and download the PDI document to take with you on the 11th and go through it thoroughly with the tech before you sign the papers. This is your chance to learn everything about your camper and get everything little thing fixed before you take it home. Take notes on how to operate everything and make sure they show you where things like the hot water tank bypass valve is located, the water pump etc. Don't just let them point at a panel and say it's behind there.... have them show you. I'm sure you will be happy with your decision on buying this camper.

yoster
05-31-2018, 11:32 AM
Just curious... why do you question the purchase now? Was it a case of ready, fire. aim? Or did something happen after your purchase? Seriously, the statement "Can anyone share any redeeming qualities " is very harsh and sounds like there was a major issue, which if there was should be handled under warranty. Just curious.
I hope you enjoy your new purchase.

Two answers to this
1) Upon getting home, I found a near identical model, but a 2015, for 14k on Craigslist. I found another older one (but looked very nice - down the street) going for 11k.

2) Regarding the harsh comment - this was simply my reaction to what I was reading online. Comment wasn't in relation to MY trailer (I don't even get to pick it up until the 11th!) It's just that.. you don't feel good when you make a big (to me) purchase, then get home and find youtube videos, facebook pages, etc about "Warning to consumers about Keystone products." Including youtube reviews from owners just going off on the things. Being totally new to this, my first reaction was, "Oh crap did I just buy the single worst brand I could possibly buy?" The google reviews of they keystone company itself are also incredibly low.

My concerns about #2 are now gone - and your replies helped a lot with that! I also found out that my parents trailer (a 2001 they bought used about 5 years ago.. and they use it a LOT for extended durations) is also a Keystone. They've had very little problems with theirs - and it's over 15 years old.

#1 - Ya if I could do it all again I still might go used - I've always had great success w/used and have saved thousands of dollars in the past on that. I also found aftermarket extended warranties on trailers for like 1500 bucks. 11k trailer + 1,500 extended warranty (that covers pretty much everything) - Golden!

But #1 is in the past now too - time to march on with a new trailer :)

yoster
05-31-2018, 11:33 AM
Congratulations on your new camper. Do yourself a favor and download the PDI document to take with you on the 11th and go through it thoroughly with the tech before you sign the papers. This is your chance to learn everything about your camper and get everything little thing fixed before you take it home. Take notes on how to operate everything and make sure they show you where things like the hot water tank bypass valve is located, the water pump etc. Don't just let them point at a panel and say it's behind there.... have them show you. I'm sure you will be happy with your decision on buying this camper.

Good ideas, thank you!

yoster
05-31-2018, 11:34 AM
Nice camper, congrads:). The fun and memories will far out weight any minor issues, remember if one comes up it can be fixed. This forum has a wealth of knowledge; folks here have just about seen it all at one time or the other. Getting to know your camper from end to end will give you confidence. Hey, it ain`t as bad as owning a swimming pool.

HA! That's funny, because that was the other consideration - a pool ;)

JRTJH
05-31-2018, 11:57 AM
"I found a near identical model, but a 2015, for 14k on Craigslist. I found another older one (but looked very nice - down the street) going for 11k."

Using that logic, I could have bought a 3 year old truck in 2015 for $40K rather than paying $65K for my new one. Looking at it today, that $40K truck is worth $30K and my 2015 truck is worth $50K.... Even used stuff depreciates, so buying that $11K used trailer and adding a extended warranty would still be "headed downward in value"... What will it be worth in 5 years?

Buying a toy is not an investment, it's like boats, ATV's, Motorcycles... The value is in the enjoyment and entertainment they provide, not in the resale value/investment potential....

You didn't make a "bad" purchase, just one that's "different from your past purchase history"....

When 3 or 4 years have passed and you look back at the intrinsic value of family time spent in the trailer, you'll have a significantly different perspective of trailer ownership....

Your parents Keystone should be a good example of what you can expect from your Keystone product. None of them are designed to "self-destruct" when the warranty expires..... Some do, almost all don't.... if you look at the history of those few, you'll almost always see the reasons why they aren't reliable and it's not how they were built......

Retired Copper
05-31-2018, 12:29 PM
Well a pool seems to be like a camper in many ways, there are going to be things if you keep it long enough that need attention and replacing. It seems that I am always replacing something like a pump, a timer or even a salt generator. I think you made a better choice with the camper you can go anywhere and fish, hike, sight see and still swim or boating. Hey there ain`t to much you can`t fix with either one and with the support here you will be fine.

ssgl
06-03-2018, 07:26 AM
Don’t believe everything you read on Internet forums. There are 100 bad stories for every good one. The folks who are pleased with their purchase are busy building family memories while camping.

My daughter has had no issues with her Hideout and has so many great memories. My wife and I just bought a Montana and could not be happier. Keystone builds quality products across their model lines.

Happy trails!

Famof6
06-03-2018, 07:31 AM
Keystone RV’s have issues just like every other brand. The light models use lighter materials which feel cheaper. If you treat them with care...you’ll be fine. You might have to fix something here and there but that also part of the fun. Mods and upgrades allow you to personalize your unit to make it your own. YouTube will be your best friend!!!

Remember, the best memories are made usually when things don’t go as planned.

Enjoy the ride!!!!

Rixtoyz
06-03-2018, 07:35 AM
Congratulations! Go camping and don't worry about all the horror stories. Will you have some issues etc. Maybe, maybe not. I can tell you those two girls will remember the time spent together forever.

My two girls are now 25 and 19 and most of their favorite memories growing up were camping. Even when a storm destroyed our awning, this or that didn't work, etc etc they still had the time of their life.

Put that picture in your car, at work and on your bathroom mirror. Go make memories that live forever.

Awesome advice Triple GGG! I remember when my dad brought home a TT in 1967. It most definitely was not what you can buy now but that did not matter. There's a lot I don't remember from back then but I still remember camping trips we took in that trailer. Thank you Dad!!

Brantlaker
06-03-2018, 07:36 AM
Don't sweat the small stuff if you are handy fix it your self the big stuff bring to the dealer.The first new one was a 2012 318SAB fiver lots of changes to it so it was livable for my wife and me only $35,000. Traded that infor a $120,000 41ft lifestile with a laundry list including chairs breaking,slides leaking,auto leveling inop. But we still love it. Enjoy it and enjoy the little one now for soon they will be teenagers

Jmartin14320
06-03-2018, 07:42 AM
We have a Keystone Trailer we bought last year and have taken it from southern CA to Oregon, Northern CA multiple times and to Albequerque, NM. We love it. Will you have minor problems, maybe, but this is the third trailer we've owned and each one from different manufacturer. All had minor things/issues. The basic appliance package is sound with Keystone and we've had no issues there. All in all, be happy and make memories your kids will have for the rest of their lives.

ckittila
06-03-2018, 07:43 AM
It sounds like you are inflicting “buyer’s remorse” upon yourself and it is a natural emotion after any big purchase. BUT, you have just planted a garden here, it’s time to watch it grow.

Your decision is a sound family decision. For me, family camping was made realistic by purchasing a camper. I bought new for my first purchase and felt the same way. As my children have grown, I can see many many benefits. Kids learn about the world outside by being outside in it. You will make new friends. You will stop wasting weekends spending your time walking through the mall. You will get a chance to step away from the “Technology Grind” and see the beauty of the outdoors; this is very therapeutic.

Regarding the horror stories you read about on this site, they will always be there. I once bought a new truck and went to the forums to be a part of the community, I left feeling sad because I saw a whole host of bad news. My truck has been fine.

My advice to you, go camping.

Cracker
06-03-2018, 07:44 AM
My advice is to learn how to fix it yourself and then just do it. With the exception of major issues - which are very unlikely - don’t waste time going back and forth to the dealer and waiting for it to be repaired. Fixing it yourself develops a new confidence in your abilities and a more satisfying relationship with your RV. The memories are the important thing - and even a minor disaster can generate memories that will be recalled with laughter, or an appreciation for having survived it, in later years.

Jschauw001
06-03-2018, 07:53 AM
I’ve so enjoyed my Hideout.........just go out and take in the RV experience with your family........fab memories.

I’ve had some issues however every trailer does.......you’ll just handle them as they come. RVer’s you meet along the journey are a great resource.

However, AFTER 5 years I just found out that the axels were installed UPSIDE DOWN and I only had about 1 1/2” clearance above the tires. This caused damage to the underside of the trailer. Not one mechanic found this problem until now. So, check the axels and clearance above the tires.
Also, after two years I replaced the tires with better quality ones.........made big difference.

Have fun!

Godmommy2
06-03-2018, 07:58 AM
Good morning, My first camper was really cheap and we got lots of great memories out of it and few problems over 7 years. When we retired we got a sale on a Keystone and it took a little while to work out the kinks but the dealer was more a pain than Keystone was. If the dealer didn't move fast enough I called and Keystone got them moving. They were great. I bought a more expensive model than you but never had ANY regrets. Love my unit. Can take my pups with me and it works for us a lot better than the old unit. Don't worry, take pictures, go online when you have an issue and enjoy your down time with your wife and kids. I never had that growing up. But I enjoy it now.

pitman44
06-03-2018, 07:59 AM
This is great news - thanks everyone. Really appreciate it, seriously. My wife was getting quite frustrated with my 'sour mood' this afternoon so she sends her thanks as well lol.

That's buyer's remorse, Yoster. It's the crash that comes after the endorphin release that everyone gets when they spend a lot of money on something. Not everyone crashes into remorse tho. In any case I think it helps knowing that what you're currently feeling is just a part of your body chemistry.

I suggest you take that picture of your daughters on their bunk bed and keep it prominently displayed in your car/truck, at work and several places at home. You're young and have a beautiful family with those girls. You are going to build memories for yourself, your wife and your daughters. These are links you need to have a relationship with your daughters through the "trouble" years to come.

There will likely come a time when they think you are one of the dumbest, most obnoxious people on earth. At least that's how they'll make you feel, but deep down they'll have those memories of the good times, those things that are funny now (but may not have been then) and they will know you love them. One day they'll come back to earth and be great children again in part because of those memories.

The $20k you spent will seem like a pittance compared to the value you'll get from the time you'll spend with your family.

BTW, don't sweat the small stuff. Stuff will break. You'll do something stupid and be pissed with yourself. How you handle it will also help your daughters learn how to handle problems in their lives. At 66 I paid the price, built those memories and have two great adult children. Enjoy your time with them. This part passes all too quickly.

Triple GGG
06-03-2018, 08:01 AM
Awesome advice Triple GGG! I remember when my dad brought home a TT in 1967. It most definitely was not what you can buy now but that did not matter. There's a lot I don't remember from back then but I still remember camping trips we took in that trailer. Thank you Dad!!My granddad started taking me camping when I was in diapers they say. I don't remember that but I remember many many trips. My favorite was he took me camping for my high school graduation. Just me and him for a full week. Those times are priceless. He's been gone 20 years now but I can still hear his voice and advice like it was yesterday.

Moosedog
06-03-2018, 08:03 AM
Hello,

New member here. Just bought a 2018 Hideout 26LHSWE. Was on "sale" for 18,999. Kids loved the bunkbeds.

My wife and I looked hard at used TT's, but couldn't find something we liked. We wanted to stay in the 10k range.. but decided it would be a better investment (not a REAL 'investment'.. you know what I'm trying to say..) to go with a new one without any hidden problems as this was to be our new "family thing" (we have two daughters - a 5 and 7 year old.)

I noticed when purchasing that materials were on the cheaper side, but didn't think much about it. Upon getting home however, I'm seeing a *LOT* of horror stories about keystone. I didn't think much about it while shopping - we looked at Starcraft and Jayco as well and I could have sworn they were all identical - well they looked like it anyway. I figured they were all built in the same place and equally 'good' quality.

Anyway, I now feel sick. We've never bought ANYTHING new before, so this was a big deal for us. We were hoping since we got it relatively 'cheap' that the depreciation hit wouldn't be as bad, and we'd enjoy a nice new trailer.

Can anyone share any redeeming qualities of this trailer to help ease my nerves? Anyone own a hideout that really really likes it and thinks it was a good purchase decision?

https://preview.ibb.co/ecTMJJ/1_CECA75_C_D7_DE_4524_9_EF0_3504976_B48_F2.jpg (https://ibb.co/fA4vdJ)
https://preview.ibb.co/gdXFdJ/6_DF6881_C_FCBB_43_F6_A2_AC_7868_CEBBB117.jpg (https://ibb.co/mRmadJ)
https://preview.ibb.co/nJJMJJ/A487_B968_1_C06_45_B8_BEBD_7166_E3_F7393_B.jpg (https://ibb.co/jMqCQy)
https://preview.ibb.co/jrpHsd/B4_AC4362_782_D_4_ABE_93_EC_F7523_B290_BC2.jpg (https://ibb.co/h3ooyJ)
https://preview.ibb.co/cYVOXd/BC09_FE9_D_FF22_49_E4_8406_827_D772_B5784.jpg (https://ibb.co/hfQCQy)
As previously stated, the memories your kids will have from camping will stick with them forever. We are on our 4th RV : Tent Trailer, 21 Ft. Hybrid, 27 Ft. TT. and now a 32 Ft. 5th Wheel. Our best times were with our kids in that Tent Trailer, they still talk about those trips... Don't sweat the small details, go out and explore while your kids still like hanging out with you 👍😂

pitman44
06-03-2018, 08:07 AM
PS. All RV's are the same, made to depreciate.

LOL! I love that line. Thanks for the chuckle.

Rickmuzick
06-03-2018, 08:13 AM
Like others have said... enjoy the memories you are abut to make as a family.

I have a 10 year old Outback Sydney fifth wheel and I have been completely happy with my purchase. Granted Keystones fivers are built to a different standard than stick and tin, but You have a BRAND NEW unit which means you have a warranty.

Notate anything that you have concerns about and get it back to the dealership when your weekend is over and get them on it.

Enjoy your Hideaway and have FUN

Irv gates
06-03-2018, 08:27 AM
Congrats on the purchase. My neighbor is presently looking at the same trailer. As you he looked at Jaco and others also. I think he was looking at a purchase price of 22K. If you have any problems, write them up and take to your dealer or the closest Keystone dealer to get you warranty work. My keystone Montana had varies problems in the first year but the dealership close to me took care of them ,no Questions asked the first Year. Every camper I have ever owned had some problems. Its just the nature of the Beast so to speak. Just look over you camper before you go on trips and and you should be good to go.
2014 Montana 343RL , 2009 Ford f350 4WD

roadglide
06-03-2018, 08:38 AM
From the picture you dodged the dreaded cable slide out . If i had to do it all over I would have found one with out cable slide . The old rack and pinion slides where the best .

mrb2222
06-03-2018, 08:48 AM
We bought our Hideout 29bks last year new. We have been out 8 times and covered 4000 miles. Leaving next week for another 10 days. (yeah, retired) One minor issue which the dealer fixed.

There will always be things that pop up and need to be addressed. You are driving a house over rough roads. Learn how to maintain your camper and do preventive work on it too. Makeup a checklist or two for arrival and departure and maintenance checks. I've read "horror" stories about a lose drawer or misaligned door. Ugh!

Go have fun! The memories last forever. I have 4 kids. They all camp. Two have campers (Outback and Jayco). They are raising their kids to camp too. Life at its best.

jb174
06-03-2018, 08:51 AM
Ww just upgraded to an Outback from a 2014 28BHS hideout. For our first trailer it was more than we could have hoped for. We owned it for 4 years and had no problems at all and we are out almost every weekend from May to September.

Hchunter
06-03-2018, 08:52 AM
They all have some issues, most can be fixed easily,
Go out and enjoy, we all start somewhere!

JRTJH
06-03-2018, 08:55 AM
We bought our Hideout 29bks last year new. We have been out 8 times and covered 4000 miles. Leaving next week for another 10 days. (yeah, retired) One minor issue which the dealer fixed.

There will always be things that pop up and need to be addressed. You are driving a house over rough roads. Learn how to maintain your camper and do preventive work on it too. Makeup a checklist or two for arrival and departure and maintenance checks. I've read "horror" stories about a lose drawer or misaligned door. Ugh!

Go have fun!

You bring up a good point. Towing any travel trailer on today's roads is very much the same as a S&B house enduring earthquakes and tornados every day. If it's raining, add in hurricanes and monsoons. Towing is not a "rolling box friendly" environment. It's truly remarkable that any RV will "stay together" the way they are used. Rather than "complaints about a loose drawer" it might well be "compliments" that the walls still are intact, given the potholes and undulations on every highway that we navigate at 65 MPH.

LFord
06-03-2018, 09:57 AM
Hello,

Keep that pictures of the kids looking excited in front of you and in your mind, and NOT the little glitches in workmanship and quality you are sure to find, most of which should be covered under your "New" warranty (use the heck out of it, if need be; that's what it's for and why you bought "new"). Many things you can handle on your own with the help of the many experienced Keystone RVers on this list.

That "sick" feeling is probably "Buyers' Remorse" a well-known symptom of making a major purchase, and probably intensified in your case since you bought "new" when you usually don't. The cure? Get out there on a few trips with those cute kids of yours; I'll bet they're so happy and excited with the camping experience that you'll forget that "sick" feeling! Then, when you get home from the trip, you can tackle some of those "glitches" you undoubtedly find when you start using it. But just remember you have "resources" to help you with them, like that "new" warranty and the people on this list! Happy Camping!

larryflew
06-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Every brand has someone with a horror story. Unfortunate but you won't typically hear the good stories because only the bad things get posted. Keystone has some of the highest quantity and quality items in trailerville. So far 3 brands and yes our Keystone Alpine had some problems too but nothing you can't deal with. Forest river b4 that was purchased new and had a ton of black tank problems etc that the factory never took care of and even that was livable for a couple years. Have done a LOT to our Alpine over the years and still love the brand and the 5th wheel.

kfennell1
06-03-2018, 10:00 AM
We have a 2017 Passport Grand Touring. We just returned from our first long trip. SE Oklahoma to Santa Rosa Island, Florida and back. We traveled over some extremely rough sections of interstate and highway. Once we got home, we went over the TT and did not find anything shaken loose. Enjoy your TT and your time with your children. They will be 18 before you know it!

Fuzion 369
06-03-2018, 11:15 AM
Congratulations!!!! Go enjoy it. You have warranty for a year. They will be things that need fixing. Just make a list as you go even if it is minor so that you don’t forget. We have had 1 used trailer and 3 new trailers in the last 6 years and our keystone fuzion is the best trailer we have ever owned. It has been to the shop once already but nothing is perfect. I haven’t read everyone’s replies yes but I did read triple ggg and he probably said it best. These will be times you and your family will remember for ever!! Enjoy!!!!

KrowNB
06-03-2018, 02:01 PM
We have a 2017 Hideout 25RKS. He just had the front and curb siding and decals replaced through my insurance due to severe hail damage suffered last year - a once-in-a-lifetime weather event in these parts. The tech that did the job said he was really impressed with the amount of framing on the trailer, which apparently is not the case with them all. I guess this is why my 25' unit weighs as much as some many feet longer. I was also impressed that the wall was fully packed with insulation - not a half-as_ed job as we've heard on some forum posts. We have the "Cold Mountain Package" but you're never sure they actually put it together like it shows in the brochure until you see it for yourself.

What we thought was a catastrophe last year has instead reassured me that our trailer (our first ever) is a solidly-constructed unit. Yes, there may be little issues pop up from time to time (we haven't had much) but I now know that I didn't invest in a piece of junk.

Fuzion 369
06-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Awesome!!! Have fun!!!

jhop_8
06-03-2018, 03:53 PM
We have had our Hideout 29BKSfor 3 years and have only have one issue factory related. I had to install more flashing on my slide out to stop the floor from getting wet. My personal experience from things going wrong has been my fault. Things like leaving a little water in fresh tank and clogging the screen. Then taking the pump apart to investigate 🤪 Regular maintenance and care will go a long way. Don’t worry and Happy Camping

SkiSmuggs
06-03-2018, 04:41 PM
We are in our 7th season for our Cougar High Country 5th wheel and no regrets. Could it have been built stronger? Sure, but we needed the light weight at the time. Some trim came loose and we had the staples replaced with screws, some luan pantry shelves have been replaced with plywood, one set of stairs replaced under warranty and had the cracked stair bracket welded recently. I bought a stair saver to prevent further problems. Every thing else has just been routine maintenance and the fiver has at least 50,000 miles on it, some on some rough road. I am actually impressed.

pitman44
06-03-2018, 05:18 PM
Like others have said... enjoy the memories you are abut to make as a family.

I have a 10 year old Outback Sydney fifth wheel and I have been completely happy with my purchase. Granted Keystones fivers are built to a different standard than stick and tin, but You have a BRAND NEW unit which means you have a warranty.

Notate anything that you have concerns about and get it back to the dealership when your weekend is over and get them on it.

Enjoy your Hideaway and have FUN

We just traded in our 2006 Outback Sydney 5th wheel for a 2013 Montana

HC 5th wheel. We had the Outback for 7 years with very few problems. I hope the Montana does as well.

Freder
06-03-2018, 05:36 PM
I have a 2016 Hideout 26RLE, or something like that. I went through the same thing you are going through. I did find a couple of things that needed work, but the dealer was most excellent in taking care of them. I am really enjoying the RV now and you will too. Like anything new, you need to learn how to take care of it and not let the first scratch get to you. One of the items which bugged me was the vinyl inserts around the doors. They would not stay in. I finally found a rubber type insert and it works wonderful. Strictly a cosmetic issue. Your family and you will enjoy it for years.

Phil Saran
06-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Can I add my two cents?

We have owned 3 travel trailers, 1 Class C MH, 1 cab over camper
and 1 Class A MH over the last 35 years. All had their good points
and a couple not so good points. Also add in 2 pop up campers in
the early years.

Wife hated the cab over, getting in and out of the bed was a pain
and she did not like the wet bath. Travel trailers lacked storage space
for longer trips, motor home had good storage space, 2 bathrooms and
slept 7, we have 5 grandkids, but never had more than 2 with us at a
time. Cost of maintenance was high and stability in the wind got to be
a problem even with over 2K worth of stabilizers front and rear.

I have always been happy with the travel trailers, but we are going to
move over to a 5th wheel trailer next. So I recently bought a diesel
truck in a price range I could afford (used) and we are going to close
on a 2018 Keystone Cougar 30RLS 5th wheel trailer at the
end of the month, but it is a 6 month old bank repo for a very fair price
(about 1/3 the cost of new) so if I do have to repair a few things that is OK.

Drpk5d16
06-03-2018, 05:59 PM
QUOTE=Triple GGG;288209]Congratulations! Go camping and don't worry about all the horror stories. Will you have some issues etc. Maybe, maybe not. I can tell you those two girls will remember the time spent together forever.

Put that picture in your car, at work and on your bathroom mirror. Go make memories that live forever.[/QUOTE]

I think the same. It doesn’t matter what unit you have. I’ve had jack, forest river and keystone 2019 27 RES. No issues with any units. Could be somethings but you should be fine.
Camp your heart out make memories forever!

Drpk5d16
06-03-2018, 06:05 PM
enjoy camping and don’t stay up worrying. Make great memories with your family. Chances are you will not have issues. Happy Camping!

Phil Saran
06-03-2018, 07:06 PM
I admit it helps if you know which end of a screw driver to use to fix the things
that will break or fall off while you are using your RV.

If major things break, yes most of us will need to take it to a RV shop, but shop
around there are good shops through out the country to make repairs that are
not Camping World etc.

Danno49
06-04-2018, 12:06 AM
All trailers in the reasonable price range are built with fairly inexpensive parts so there will be minor problems with all brands, all brands. Yep, they all have problems here or there. Don't worry about it too much. The kids will scrape, bump, and dent the walls, doors, and floors, as will your big footed boots. Tree branches will scrape the side of your trailer, pebbles and rocks will hit, whether setting in your driveway or on the highway. Do your best to keep the damage to a minimum and repair what you can the best you can (or take it into the shop) but don't worry about it too much. Enjoy your adventures. Enjoy your family. You're only in this place and time once. Make the best of it.

akupesky
06-04-2018, 03:31 AM
All the positive replies reminds me why we love camping and our fellow campers!

bfisher003
06-04-2018, 04:43 AM
We have a Keystone made trailer and have put 30,000 miles on it, including multiple trips out West and Alaska. Our trailer is a Bullet Ultra-Lite and we have had very few problems with it that were not self-induced. For example, on the trip to Alaska I hit a series of bad frost heaves too fast and broken a spring hanger on the rear axle that required a new one be welded on. It also caused other problems that were not noticed at the time and that revealed themselves on a subsequent trip out West this past March. The spring in that same wheel broke and while getting all four springs replaced with multi-leaf springs it was discovered that the axle was bent, requiring a new axle. Again, I want to stress these problems were self-induced, but possibly helped by the very nature of ultra-lite construction —thin frame steel, etc. You really need to expect a few problems when you consider you are hauling the equivalent of a small house down the road and everything is being shaken constantly. We consider problems just part of the cost of the fantastic trips and great times we’ve had. Go enjoy with your family and just deal with problems if/when they occur. Keep a positive outlook. It’s all part of the wonderful RV adventure.

hjurewicz
06-04-2018, 04:57 AM
Are they the Best, probably not, are they the worst, same reply. Our 1st 5th wheel lasted 15 years and only after putting up our newly weds college kids in it for 2 years did it cry uncle. BTW it went around the country 3x and to Alaska straight out of the gate. We currently own a 2015 38' Fusion that also went to Alaska straight out of the gate and it has about 30,000 miles on it with very minor issues. We enjoy making memories and the kids enjoyed it more. Have fun fix what needs to be fixed when it happens. You would be doing that no matter who's TT you bought. Go camping.16789

2015 Fusion 325 Toy Hauler, w/ 2003 F250, 6.0 Power stroke, Air bags, stabilizer and rear torsion bar.

SummitPond
06-04-2018, 05:10 AM
I'm in agreement with the statements above - and we were more distressed about spending the money on the truck than the trailer (bought used, but still 50% more than the trailer). But we are so happy we took the plunge. It's hard to remember all the issues my family had as I was growing up with the series of trailers we had (Coleman pop-up, Shasta, Holiday Rambler TT, Winnebago) but there were many. My brother currently has a Winnebago View and it has given him substantial troubles, so I count my blessings that my issues have been minor and I've been able to handle the bulk of them myself (with ample assistance from the contributors to this forum).

Enjoy your new ticket to freedom.

boytimme
06-04-2018, 05:34 AM
Don't put too much stock in what you read from the whiners on this site. Some people are not happy unless they're complaining about something. We've had our Keystone Bullet 248RKS since new in 2013 and aside from a couple minor glitches have been extremely happy with it.

pdaniel
06-04-2018, 05:59 AM
Welcome, and just enjoy your RV. All RVs, from the lowest price to the very expensive have issues. As a friend of mine said at one time, we, the buyer are the quality inspectors (and this friend had a mid to high level Allegro).
You will find issues such as poor workmanship from time to time, some items that don't quite fit right and, as you stated, some "cheap" materials.
Fix what can be fixed, replace some of the cheap items and enjoy.
That was my philosophy when I purchased my Keystone Cougar.

Kellysingleton
06-04-2018, 06:47 AM
Last year I purchased a brand new 2017 Hideout after searching all of the ads for used TT's and found that my money was better spent on a new one...just like you. My husband (who does NOT camp with us) and I spent a whole day looking at the dealer. I started out with 10 that I liked and my decision came down to between my Hideout and a Coachman. Both had the same amenities and I just thought the Hideout quality looked better.

After purchasing, we went out to pick it up and had our (my son-in-law and I) "schooling" on how everything works. My advice is stay tuned to this forum because I could never in a million years remember everything about my TT I learned in that hour and the manuals are no real help. Everyone on this forum is fantastic and very helpful!

I did find a couple of real stupid warranty issues that were taken care of at the dealer when I took it in for winterization. Things that should never have happened at the factory such as: the wires were crossed on the fresh/grey & black water tanks so the "meters" didn't read right. I always had the same amount of fresh water as grey and my black always showed "L". Another issue I had was when something was plugged into the USB port in the entertainment center, it would interfere with the electronics. We would lose the radio and/or the TV (which we hardly use except if there is a race on) would be fuzzy or would freeze.

Another thing that is not covered in the manual is that the GFCI breaker in the bathroom controls most of your electrical outlets, not a breaker like you would think. My GFCI in the bathroom blew on my second trip out (just my mom and I) and it took me almost one full day and a post on this forum to figure it out. Thank goodness we did, because it also controlled the lights in the bedroom!

You have made a great investment. The resale value on ANY TT is great (as you probably figured out in your search of used TT's). But how can you put a monetary value on the priceless moments you will spend with your family in the years to come! You won't regret it!

Ellen
06-04-2018, 06:53 AM
Enjoy your adventures. I, too, am frustrated by some of the cheesy finishes and sloppy workmanship in my Cougar trailer but we go interesting places with friends and family and our granddaughters love it. If I had to full time in it I’d go nuts, but for vacationing it will be just fine. Would I buy it again? Definitely not. But it’s what we have so I’m making the best of it.

Blueswede
06-04-2018, 09:53 AM
We’ve had our Hideout going on 4 years. Been on lots of trips and so far we love it. Some very minor issues but no horror stories at all. Love the room, the floor plan, pretty much everything. I wouldn’t be too concerned.

travelin texans
06-04-2018, 10:14 AM
Last year I purchased a brand new 2017 Hideout after searching all of the ads for used TT's and found that my money was better spent on a new one...just like you. My husband (who does NOT camp with us) and I spent a whole day looking at the dealer. I started out with 10 that I liked and my decision came down to between my Hideout and a Coachman. Both had the same amenities and I just thought the Hideout quality looked better.

After purchasing, we went out to pick it up and had our (my son-in-law and I) "schooling" on how everything works. My advice is stay tuned to this forum because I could never in a million years remember everything about my TT I learned in that hour and the manuals are no real help. Everyone on this forum is fantastic and very helpful!

I did find a couple of real stupid warranty issues that were taken care of at the dealer when I took it in for winterization. Things that should never have happened at the factory such as: the wires were crossed on the fresh/grey & black water tanks so the "meters" didn't read right. I always had the same amount of fresh water as grey and my black always showed "L". Another issue I had was when something was plugged into the USB port in the entertainment center, it would interfere with the electronics. We would lose the radio and/or the TV (which we hardly use except if there is a race on) would be fuzzy or would freeze.

Another thing that is not covered in the manual is that the GFCI breaker in the bathroom controls most of your electrical outlets, not a breaker like you would think. My GFCI in the bathroom blew on my second trip out (just my mom and I) and it took me almost one full day and a post on this forum to figure it out. Thank goodness we did, because it also controlled the lights in the bedroom!

You have made a great investment. The resale value on ANY TT is great (as you probably figured out in your search of used TT's). But how can you put a monetary value on the priceless moments you will spend with your family in the years to come! You won't regret it!
There are for certain 2 items in all rvs that are all but worthless;
#1 the manuals, they are a generic set that are in all rvs, of very little use to anyone let alone helping out a newbie.
#2 the holding tank sensors , they are so inaccurate (with 1 or 2 exceptions on this forum) that I don't ever look at them & would never count on them to tell me anything concerning tank levels.

Lapirini
06-04-2018, 04:47 PM
Congrats on your purchase. We have a 2016 24' Hideout and we love it. As far as quality goes, they are all about the same. We camp with 6 other families, all have different makes and all have their quirks about them. Besides the learning curve of how it all works, it's been a great purchase. Be sure to keep spare fuses on hand. Our slide fuse has had to be replaced twice in 3 years. Otherwise, no issues. Enjoy your trips! Many, many memories to come.

pdxsparky
06-04-2018, 06:23 PM
We purchased a brand new Keystone Bullet Bunkhouse for our 4 kids 3 years ago and love it, we have had some minor issues. Our bullet is identical on the inside as yours. Happy Camping.

dcluchi
06-06-2018, 03:41 AM
We just bought a 2018 1768LHS Hideout and have been setting it up. Look forward to our first camping trip with it next week. Glad to hear that there has been few problems with the Hideout.

LarrySharon
06-06-2018, 03:00 PM
I am with you, if I read all the problems that people have I would not have bought. I own a 2017 Hideout model 22KBSW 28 ft'r I have not had any issues other small things that the dealer took care of. Thus is my 3rd summer and all is well and just remember that if you take care of it, it will be better in long run. Maintenance is key. Enjoy the memory making machine. Oh yes, as other have said, you will have issues it is just the nature of the beast. :)

Kamper2016
06-07-2018, 12:47 PM
We have a 2016 Keystone Hideout 26RLS (just me and hubs). Love it! Only MAJOR problem was on first trip out the microwave would not shut off..even if you opened the door! Had to use the circuit breaker. Took it back to dealer and 2 days later a new one was in.

RVBuff
06-08-2018, 09:58 AM
We bought our Hideout (used) a couple of years ago and haven't had any real problems. We love it.

noelontheroad
06-09-2018, 07:50 AM
My husband and I are sitting in our new Outback Ultra-Lite "camping" in our backyard. We're going through all of the paperwork, registration, etc, trying to figure out what the heck we're doing. This is our first TT purchase. We're pretty excited, but it is also a little daunting figuring everything out.

Have fun with your beautiful family!

noelontheroad
06-09-2018, 07:51 AM
Thank you for your service to our country, Larry! God Bless!

Plwilds
06-10-2018, 06:28 AM
I don't have a hideout but we do have a Keystone and we love it. We have had it for a year now and no major problems.

yoster
06-11-2018, 09:06 AM
Thanks everyone - today is the day! I pick it up in about 5 hours. I'll post pics!

Fuzion 369
06-11-2018, 09:31 AM
Awesome!!! Enjoy!!!

Tbos
06-12-2018, 08:59 AM
Have fun. Hope it goes well.

yoster
06-14-2018, 08:31 AM
Most of the interior pics are in my 1st post, but here are a few more since picking it up. Looks pretty good IMO - truck looks good and level too!

https://thumb.ibb.co/hQ4jpd/IMG_3455_1.jpg (https://ibb.co/hQ4jpd) https://thumb.ibb.co/inRKNy/IMG_3452_1.jpg (https://ibb.co/inRKNy) https://thumb.ibb.co/g124pd/IMG_3449_1.jpg (https://ibb.co/g124pd) https://thumb.ibb.co/nLtYhy/IMG_3448_1.jpg (https://ibb.co/nLtYhy) https://thumb.ibb.co/mSe62y/IMG_3441_1.jpg (https://ibb.co/mSe62y)

LuvsPalmTrees
06-14-2018, 08:34 AM
Yoster - looks great. Enjoy and don't sweat the small stuff.

Fuzion 369
06-14-2018, 09:12 AM
Awesome. Enjoy!!!

Tbos
06-14-2018, 01:26 PM
Looks great. Enjoy

Mrmiata
08-29-2018, 07:25 PM
Had ours for 4 years now.. First trip out water line blew from the outdoor kitchen faucet .. and this year we blew the indoor kitchen faucet .. wife was helping set up and didn't notice the pressure regulator wasn't on the hose.. sooo.. LOL

Aside from that we have loved having this trailer.

Chaos1
08-30-2018, 05:20 AM
Welcome and like everyone is saying enjoy it my neighbor said to me last year they are a kit drive enjoy put it back together after the season is over and start again making more memories,We have a 2018 Premier 26 RBPR our 2nd Premier and love them but they need repairs sometime after pulling them around for several thousand KM things are bound to come loose.We like to think of it as another honey to do list except I love to work on this list.

byeuboy
09-13-2018, 07:39 AM
Our Keystone 23RKS Hideout is 8 years old. No major problems since purchased. I can honestly say, if you maintain your RV as suggested, keep all the systems clean, check the seals, check the roof, and use it, it will keep you camping happy for years to come. We have a thorough checklist that we follow before, during and after each use. We wash it and make sure it is properly winterized and stored for long periods. Sure, no RV is perfect and like one member said, you could find bad reviews for any product on the planet. The Hideout is not the most expensive RV, but we find it very affordable, comfortable and fun to use. Sounds like your proud of your purchase, and you should be. Make some memories and enjoy the good times. We are taking 4 of our grandkids out this weekend. Doesn't get any better than introducing them to the great outdoors.

Texas Steve
10-09-2018, 01:00 PM
We bought our 2018 Hideout LDS202 2 months ago and had it out 2 weeks later. We brought it to the house first and did some "driveway camping" and tried everything out before we put some miles on it. I have learned a lot of things from this forum to check. We have not had a single problem, as of yet, but when they do, I know where to go for answers! Happy Camping everyone!

DocP
10-09-2018, 03:18 PM
We bought our 2018 Hideout LDS202 2 months ago and had it out 2 weeks later. We brought it to the house first and did some "driveway camping" and tried everything out before we put some miles on it. I have learned a lot of things from this forum to check. We have not had a single problem, as of yet, but when they do, I know where to go for answers! Happy Camping everyone!

Nobody is going to care more about your camper maintenance than you. Get to know each and every part of the camper, and don't be afraid to learn how to do the repairs yourself.